Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im almost new here and i never used paddock stands before. recomendations?? I have a 2020 ninja 1000sx and Im getting ready for winter. Is it a good idea to rise the motorcicle with paddocks all the time during winter?
I do have one but im not sure if it is a front or back paddock. Can you tell by the pictures?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
42cm wide is probably the front stand: 529165 - BIKE LIFT, FS10 front paddock stand - www.motorcyclestorehouse.com

Does it not come with the adapters?

For you guys in northern Europe and have to put the bike away for 6months (or more), I'd definitely not want to let the bike stand on the tires.
Thanks!!! You found the dimensions! That help me a lot... mine its actually 45 cm if I include the tires..😅 and the way it curves is not the same with the front ones. And yes I'm going to rise it upp for our long😒 winter 👍👍

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!!! You found the dimensions! That help me a lot...now i know i have the back one.... mine its actually 45 cm if I include the tires..😅 and the way it curves is not the same with the front ones. And yes I'm going to rise it upp for our long😒 winter 👍👍

·
Registered
11,458 Posts
If it's a front stand, parts are missing. I cant see balancing the fork legs on those round pieces and having it be secure.

·
Registered
302 Posts
PS. If you are new to these, I'll give a small advice. Never lift the front before lifting the back.
Agreed. It can end badly. Also, you should know that the Ninja 1000 forks are different on each side where many people like to put the stand. You have to use the flat part that the calipers mount on to eliminate the risk of the front forks turning on you and the stand gets cockeyed. It can end badly as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agreed. It can end badly. Also, you should know that the Ninja 1000 forks are different on each side where many people like to put the stand. You have to use the flat part that the calipers mount on to eliminate the risk of the front forks turning on you and the stand gets cockeyed. It can end badly as well.
Thanks!... i did order my front stand already.... maybe im going to have to return it..... what is the difference on the forks?? I initially thought that the holes were different in some way but I did measure them and it seem that they are the same size. While they look a little diferent they seem to have the same height.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok.. if anyone is unfamiliar with poddock stans like me.. I got a tip ...well..I got the back adaptors and I did lift the back and.....😡🤬🤬 I scratched my swing arms!! 🥺 so my tip is to use electrical tape or whatever you think that will help to prevent this. It seems that the tape helps.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Here is another tip, when engaging the adapters on the spools double check both sides are engaged in the spools and don't release pressure without again double checking the spools before applying pressure to lift. If one spool is not engaged the bike goes over faster than humans can catch it, unless you have a buddy to steady the bike. I have preached this to hundreds of new riders. Guess how I know!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Probably the same way I knew. Even worse, on my aggregate driveway it cracked the clutch cover! I really really missed my centerstand at that moment...

Reactions: Eagle Six

·
Registered
273 Posts
yea except I learned in reverse! For about 50 years I have been preaching to others, especially the new riders about spools and hooks, but it took me 50 years to learn the hard way by ignoring my own advice, when I tumbled the ZX14r in the garage just last year, damn that bike went down fast!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks!... i did order my front stand already.... maybe im going to have to return it..... what is the difference on the forks?? I initially thought that the holes were different in some way but I did measure them and it seem that they are the same size....
They are shaped differently on the bottom so they don't sit in the "saddle" the same. I'm not sure if they changed for 2020 or not. I don't recall having the same problem on the 2011 I had, but it was five years between owning them so I don't recall the specifics. I just know on my 2020 I could not lift it straight putting it straight under the fork. I had to move it back to the brake bracket.

·
Registered
592 Posts
They are shaped differently on the bottom so they don't sit in the "saddle" the same. I'm not sure if they changed for 2020 or not. I don't recall having the same problem on the 2011 I had, but it was five years between owning them so I don't recall the specifics. I just know on my 2020 I could not lift it straight putting it straight under the fork. I had to move it back to the brake bracket.
One side has the pinch bolts, the other side does not.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts