Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great movie. Loved it.

Even if it's about Cages, some of the discussion about racing and cornering is even semi- bike related.

Makes you realize how crude racing was not that long ago...

Go See it! :grin:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I enjoyed the movie, and my wife liked it too, and she's not into cars or racing really. But she did comment during the movie that she loved the look of that Ferrari!
The Shelby Cobra was always my ideal of a sports car, and I was glad it got some of screen time in the film. And the Ford GT-40 was my favorite slot car back in the day.
My grandpa worked for Fords for many years, and he was still working there in the 60's when this historic race took place. It was a very exciting time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Watched the documentary on Netflix last night and it was pretty good.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The 2016 story is right up there as well,,.
Many nice cars and accomplishments out of Ford over the years,,.
Both the GT40 and the 2016 Ford GT are right up there with the best cars ever made!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
My wife and I saw it on Friday and we both really enjoyed it. A die cast Gulf liveried GT40 was one of my favorite toys as a kid. It's still one of my all time favorite cars. The first time I got to see one running at the historic races at Laguna Seca I had some serious goosebumps.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Both the GT40 and the 2016 Ford GT are right up there with the best cars ever made!!
Got a shot of both at the L.A. auto show this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
The one i saw in the movie theater lobby was Ken Miles car from Lemans 1966. Its for real. The owner, Larry H Miller is the one who built the local race track and he had an amazing collection, right at the track. He died, and his piece of **** son dismantled it.

They say he paid 7million for it. I can only imagine what its worth now. That makes me wonder....

Its our generation who is into these cars, and has the money to buy them. With that said, i dont see kids in my granddaughters generation as giving two shits for these cars. Do you guys think these cars will go up, or fall in value if we look 20-30 yrs ahead? I think they will always be worth something, but not like they are now.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Not just these cars RC,,. Everything is worth a ton of money and these days, I always say there is too much money jingling around in the system,. These car restorer's are highly skilled and turning these master pieces out day after day, some of which are nothing more then wrecks to begin with, nice to own but wouldn't be my first investment,!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts