Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
127 Posts
Did this also. Simply cannot beat the price compared to what Kawasaki USA wants for them.

Ordered on 8/22, just got notice from UPS for delivery on 9/9… I cannot wait 😁

In addition to all the other required parts, I ordered 99994-0866 - which should be with heat shield, without reflectors. I’ll post up some pics after they arrive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did this also. Simply cannot beat the price compared to what Kawasaki USA wants for them.

Ordered on 8/22, just got notice from UPS for delivery on 9/9… I cannot wait 😁

In addition to all the other required parts, I ordered 99994-0866 - which should be with heat shield, without reflectors. I’ll post up some pics after they arrive.
I'm thinking about placing the order for the same heat-shielded version, can you confirm which of the other parts need to be ordered? Also, the total price I'm seeing (for all parts, if they are in fact needed) is $1194.28. Does that sound right to you? Seems to be quite a bit more than what others are paying, I'm trying to figure out the differences.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
127 Posts
I'm thinking about placing the order for the same heat-shielded version, can you confirm which of the other parts need to be ordered? Also, the total price I'm seeing (for all parts, if they are in fact needed) is $1194.28. Does that sound right to you? Seems to be quite a bit more than what others are paying, I'm trying to figure out the differences.

Thank you!
Wow, you are correct. Guess you gotta wait for the Currency exchange to fluctuate in your favor

This is the heat shielded version without side reflector that I got:

Font Rectangle Number Parallel Screenshot

That’s the same Euro price that was listed when I purchased last month, and at that time, it exchanged to $553.50 my invoice:

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

That is not the case right this moment:
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Parallel

Maybe all our purchases drove the price of the Euro up

·
Registered
482 Posts

Thank you!
Wow. $1194 is more than I paid for the whole lot of parts, not just the cases themselves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, you are correct. Guess you gotta wait for the Currency exchange to fluctuate in your favor
Thanks for the reply. Something isn't lining up, the exchange rate didn't change that much recently. Are you positive you ordered the heat-shielded versions, and that the price in Euro's didn't change either? I'm bewildered on this one!

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
127 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Something isn't lining up, the exchange rate didn't change that much recently. Are you positive you ordered the heat-shielded versions, and that the price in Euro's didn't change either? I'm bewildered on this one!
I am most assuredly certain I got the heat shielded version without reflectors. They are back in their box now (how I store them when not in use… but here’s a couple pics I took a few days ago of them on the bike… if you zoom in you can just barely see the heat shields on both bags. Also, here’s a snapshot of my invoice, showing the part numbers and price. I ordered the color matched tops separately, so they’re not on this invoice

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tread
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
127 Posts
I dunno… I just checked their site for the 3 different versions

99994-0564 - 582.50eur - $682
99994-0922 - 589.00eur - $690
99994-0866 - 789.50eur - $925

??? Maybe give them a call or open a support ticket with them if you don’t want to pay international calling charges. I did actually call them last month, which added $30 to my cellphone bill…. But they were EXTREMELY nice and helpful.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
235 Posts
I had all the components saved in a watch-list on CMSNL's website at a total cost of 720 Euros - about $1,150AU (plus delivery).
I decided to pull the pin and add to the cart .
But when I retrieved my watch-list the Pannier Set had gone up from 491 Euros to 589 Euros, which is an extra $160AU.
So, with delivery, the price is now close to what Kawasaki Australia is charging ($1,600 last time I looked)
:(:(:mad:
I think I might wait and see how the supply situation pans out after Christmas (yes, it's now getting to that time of year to factor in major purchases)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think Mic has hit upon the issue; supply and demand. This is the time of year when the availability of the KQR luggage tends to move to unobtainium. Usually, it doesn't become available again until around the April time frame; at least in North America.

Along with that, I'm wondering if the cheaper prices we saw from CMSNL and MSP this summer were a reflection of Kawasaki seeking to reduce a surplus of inventory in their EU warehouses. A lot of European countries were in "lock down" during the summer of 2020, and as such the demand for the KQR luggage in the EU may have dropped dramatically. If so, Kawasaki may have offered steep discounts to their dealerships and distributors in order to reduce warehousing costs. It's just a guess, and I am curious to see what they charge for the KQR luggage next Spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you all very much for the replies and support, I can tell already this community is awesome. Glad to have joined, and glad to have purchased the 1000sx, it's absolutely awesome!

I submitted a support ticket today, and will detail the outcome here when it unfolds. The supply chain theory is probably correct, but still being nearly double the price seems whack.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
235 Posts
I checked Kawasaki Australia's website yesterday.
No Pannier Sets available in the Accessories section for any of the models they fit (ie, N1K, V1K, H2 or Versys 650).
All the other parts that go with the panniers (trim, fitting kit, etc) are listed.
So it seems to be a serious supply issue here downunder.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Can also highly recommend ordering panniers from CMSNL. Waited months for Kawasaki USA and still not in stock to this day. CMSNL order arrived Friday after about two weeks, everything very professionally packaged, good website support for tracking, and cost was several hundred dollars cheaper than if ordered through Kawasaki USA.

As mentioned above, installation and keying the cases was an absolute breeze thanks to Jonathan Long's video.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle
Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can also highly recommend ordering panniers from CMSNL. Waited months for Kawasaki USA and still not in stock to this day. CMSNL order arrived Friday after about two weeks, everything very professionally packaged, good website support for tracking, and cost was several hundred dollars cheaper than if ordered through Kawasaki USA.

As mentioned above, installation and keying the cases was an absolute breeze thanks to Jonathan Long's video. View attachment 32586 View attachment 32587

Hi. What screen is that? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Np below is a list of the part numbers that I used to purchase the bags. Note, at the time I found the trim on Rezillla for less but you can order the same number on the CMNSL site. Just type in the numbers in the search bar and add them to a cart. Please note, I purchased the non-shielded pannier since I am not changing the exhaust to a shorter version. The EU/UK standard panniers do not have heat shields. If you want the heat shielded version just use this number 999940564.

Pannier Color Panel Set CoversMetallic Diablo BlackKawasakihttps://www.revzilla.com99994042217K
Pannier Fit Kit2021 Ninja 1000SXKawasakihttps://www.cmsnl.com999940867
Pannier Lock Cylinders(2) Lock CylindersKawasakihttps://www.cmsnl.com999940407
Pannier Set Cases(2) 28 Liter UK VersionKawasakihttps://www.cmsnl.com999940922
Pannier Trim SetMetallic Diablo BlackKawasakihttps://www.cmsnl.com99994042317K
Thanks for this RIV. I just bought a '21 with just 200kms on it. A great find on the bike but I can't find anything else - luggage, touring screen, etc. This post is very helpful. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
Yes, it fit my 2021 Ninja 1000SX. The identical 4 holes on the windscreen as the 2017-2019 models.
FYI: The 4 hole and 6 hole designs are interchangeable. My '18 has a new Puig 4 hole shield and a 6 hole Vstream I used on my '11. To use the 6 hole design I just put a couple bolts in the extra holes. Using a 4 hole shield you just use the outer 4 bolts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just ordered luggage from cmsnl.com based on all the good advice in this thread. I can confirm current prices... this order (luggage, gps mount, soft tailbag) equated to $1396CAD/1045USD. The luggage portion (5 pieces) was $1125CAD/$843USD. Will post pics when I have it all installed, along with the California Scientific windshield I ordered at the same time.

99994-086-6 1 x 598.50 euro = 598.50 euro

99994-086-7 1 x 21.50 euro = 21.50 euro

99994-042-217K 1 x 141.50 euro = 141.50 euro

99994-040-7 1 x 43.50 euro = 43.50 euro

99994-042-317K 1 x 40.00 euro = 40.00 euro

K5700-310-4B 1 x 109.50 euro = 109.50 euro

99994-086-2 1 x 68.00 euro = 68.00 euro

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

21 - 40 of 40 Posts