Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I thought I would share my experience buying panniers from overseas for my 2020 N1K.

I bought these in Europe for two reasons: 1) They are several hundred dollars cheaper, and 2) You don't have to worry about plugging the hole where the reflector goes if you want to remove it.

After some research I ordered the following:

99994-0407 - One Key Accessory
99991-0422-17K - The Black Pannier Top
99994042360RA - The Emerald Deco Stripe
99994-0866 - This is the pannier set with the heat shields
99994-0867- Fit Kit

All together, with Shipping the total came to $850USD. Which is significantly less than U.S. Kawasaki is asking (~$1100).

I ordered through cmsnl.com and it took them about a week to process the order, but once the box shipped, it made it through customs and to my door in 4 days, and shipping was only $50. I was very pleased with the entire process.

As you can see from Jonathan Long's video, putting these things together is a breeze, but man, they are a pain in the *** to get on and off the bike the first few times. I actually had to order another fitment kit because somehow I really messed up one of the decals trying to take them off the first time (see photo).

Anyway, I would suggest looking overseas when shopping for parts, if you don't do so already. It seems most prices are better over there.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

DAMAGED FITMENT PIECE

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thank You for taking the time and effort to post detailed information. This should be a help to me and many others if they take the time. I will also consider using your source for other OEM parts.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Not a bad deal. I paid more and have the silly reflector (yuck)...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Really helpful post, thanks.

I've been to the cmsnl.com website and found it's about half the price for the same thing from Kawasaki New Zealand!

Two quick questions:
1. Is this the correct part number for the Black pannier top, because it draws a blank on the cmsnl.com website.

2. Is the Emerald Deco Stripe light green or dark green? (I'm guessing light green, like my old 2015 Z1000SX) You wouldn't happen to know the part number for the dark green stripe to match the 2020 Ninja1000SX?

From the bottom of the world, many thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really helpful post, thanks.

I've been to the cmsnl.com website and found it's about half the price for the same thing from Kawasaki New Zealand!

Two quick questions:
1. Is this the correct part number for the Black pannier top, because it draws a blank on the cmsnl.com website.

2. Is the Emerald Deco Stripe light green or dark green? (I'm guessing light green, like my old 2015 Z1000SX) You wouldn't happen to know the part number for the dark green stripe to match the 2020 Ninja1000SX?

From the bottom of the world, many thanks!
1. Yes. Not sure why it would be drawing a blank.
2. It's the match for the 2020. Not sure if that is light or dark.

In both instances, I think it you go to Kawasaki UKs, or Kawasaki Europe site and go to their parts and accessories sections, find what you are looking for and they provide the part numbers right there. Should be a breeze.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1. Yes. Not sure why it would be drawing a blank.
2. It's the match for the 2020. Not sure if that is light or dark.

In both instances, I think it you go to Kawasaki UKs, or Kawasaki Europe site and go to their parts and accessories sections, find what you are looking for and they provide the part numbers right there. Should be a breeze.

Good on ya. Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
170 Posts
Hi All. I thought I would share my experience buying panniers from overseas for my 2020 N1K.

I bought these in Europe for two reasons: 1) They are several hundred dollars cheaper, and 2) You don't have to worry about plugging the hole where the reflector goes if you want to remove it.

After some research I ordered the following:

99994-0407 - One Key Accessory
99994042360RA - The Emerald Deco Stripe
99994-0866 - This is the pannier set with the heat shields
99994-0867- Fit Kit

All together, with Shipping the total came to $850USD. Which is significantly less than U.S. Kawasaki is asking (~$1100).

I ordered through cmsnl.com and it took them about a week to process the order, but once the box shipped, it made it through customs and to my door in 4 days, and shipping was only $50. I was very pleased with the entire process.

As you can see from Jonathan Long's video, putting these things together is a breeze, but man, they are a pain in the *** to get on and off the bike the first few times. I actually had to order another fitment kit because somehow I really messed up one of the decals trying to take them off the first time (see photo).

Anyway, I would suggest looking overseas when shopping for parts, if you don't do so already. It seems most prices are better over there.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions. View attachment 29185

DAMAGED FITMENT PIECE
View attachment 29186
Great information! Also the price right now just for the panniers is a lot less than the US cost. Will be ordering these, on side note here is the link for the general catalog for the US.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
170 Posts
Just a quick update, the 2021 Ninja 1000SX model does not require heat shields under the panniers according to the Kawasaki product help desk on the default part number 99994-0564. The UK site has the model number 999940922 listed as the default panniers without the Red reflector. Reaching out to the UK site to verify compatibility with US model mount.

472.95 Pounds = 635.00 USD
Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX UK site

899.95 USD
Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX US Site

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a quick update, the 2021 Ninja 1000SX model does not require heat shields under the panniers according to the Kawasaki product help desk on the default part number 99994-0564. The UK site has the model number 999940922 listed as the default panniers without the Red reflector. Reaching out to the UK site to verify compatibility with US model mount.

472.95 Pounds = 635.00 USD
Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX UK site

899.95 USD
Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX US Site
Did you end up ordering from that site? Going tomorrow to get a 2021 and was wondering if you could share the part numbers you went with.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
170 Posts
Did you end up ordering from that site? Going tomorrow to get a 2021 and was wondering if you could share the part numbers you went with.
Np below is a list of the part numbers that I used to purchase the bags. Note, at the time I found the trim on Rezillla for less but you can order the same number on the CMNSL site. Just type in the numbers in the search bar and add them to a cart. Please note, I purchased the non-shielded pannier since I am not changing the exhaust to a shorter version. The EU/UK standard panniers do not have heat shields. If you want the heat shielded version just use this number 999940564.

Pannier Color Panel Set CoversMetallic Diablo BlackKawasakihttps://www.revzilla.com99994042217K
Pannier Fit Kit 2021 Ninja 1000SXKawasakihttps://www.cmsnl.com999940867
Pannier Lock Cylinders(2) Lock CylindersKawasakihttps://www.cmsnl.com999940407
Pannier Set Cases(2) 28 Liter UK VersionKawasakihttps://www.cmsnl.com999940922
Pannier Trim Set Metallic Diablo BlackKawasakihttps://www.cmsnl.com99994042317K

Reactions: PDP and MicMac

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sorry to bump this. Texican, how did you search for the 20+ N1K on their site? I'm trying to find other parts (besides the panniers) and the only thing they show for an N1K is 2011-2014.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
170 Posts
Just enter the parts numbers I provided in the search box. You can cross reference the same numbers from the UK or EU kawasaki sites.

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just enter the parts numbers I provided in the search box. You can cross reference the same numbers from the UK or EU kawasaki sites.
Except that I'm not trying to find the panniers, so using those part numbers won't work. Those numbers are semi-universal since the panniers fit the Ninja/Versys family together.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
127 Posts
Np below is a list of the part numbers that I used to purchase the bags. Note, at the time I found the trim on Rezillla for less but you can order the same number on the CMNSL site. Just type in the numbers in the search bar and add them to a cart. Please note, I purchased the non-shielded pannier since I am not changing the exhaust to a shorter version. The EU/UK standard panniers do not have heat shields. If you want the heat shielded version just use this number 999940564.
I thought, based on the info in this entire thread:
  • 99994-0564 is the US version, unshielded with reflector
  • 99994-0922 is the EU version, unshielded without reflector
  • 99994-0866 is the EU version, SHIELDED, without reflector

So when you last said: "If you want the heat shielded version just use this number 999940564", was this number a typo?

EDIT: Nevermind - I see what's going on... different exhausts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just my two cents on CMSNL.com. I got tired of waiting for US bags that I ordered at my dealer some 2 months ago. So, I placed an order at CMS for the 99994-0922 set on Tuesday, 8/17. The bags arrived yesterday (8/26) in perfect shape. Packaging was excellent. Total cost was $580/US. That's $400 less than the order I placed with my dealer 2 months ago. Called my dealer yesterday to cancel the bag order I placed in June and they said the estimated ship date was just pushed to October. That's nuts and who knows if it won't be pushed again. Glad I decided on CMS.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
170 Posts
What is not to like significantly cheaper, no 1970’s reflector, and in stock! Good choice OK1000SX.

Reactions: OK1000SX

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
235 Posts
So, I placed an order at CMS for the 99994-0922 set
Hi OK1000SX, that is a great price. I've found the Pannier Set on the CMS website
999940922: Pannier Set 2x28l W/o Kawasaki - buy the 99994-0922 at CMSNL

But I'm not sure if it includes the Pannier Fitting Kit, Pannier Cover Set, Deco Stripe Kit and the Lock Cylinder Set as detailed in their description, and also mentioned in earlier posts above. It looks to me that these also need to be ordered (at extra cost for each of course).

Much appreciated if you could confirm if the listed bits and pieces came with your Panniers or should they be ordered as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My initial order with my local dealer was for the bags and all the additional needed parts you listed. I received the additional needed parts within a week of my initial order. The bags themselves ($899 part) were and still are on backorder. So all I was missing was the bags themselves which I got through CMS.

So, the short answer is yes. You'll need to order the "bits and pieces" in addition to the bags.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
235 Posts
Thanks OK1000SX, that helps a lot :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts