Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks for the reply and info (y) Doing my do diligence on a bit of research. When I bought the RS, I was torn between the z900 naked vs the RS. I like both for many reasons.

I look forward to sitting on a 2022 N1 and seeing how it feels ergonomically. The RS feels like I'm riding on top of it instead of in it. I could live with it for sure, but I will check out the 2022 when they get one in. I appreciate the info......:cool::cool:
The z900 really takes me back to the 70s and gives me a warm feeling. We used to fix our bikes back then by cutting down the seat a little and installing superbike bars. That REALLY transforms the bike if you like to sit in it as opposed to on it. Something like this makes a night and day difference:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Reactions: trialsguy

·
Registered
201 Posts
Reactions: savedzrex

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do y’all think the seating from a 19 N1K to a 22 N1K has changed much? Looks the same to me in pics.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Do y’all think the seating from a 19 N1K to a 22 N1K has changed much? Looks the same to me in pics.
No, has not changed. The stock seat is more comfortable though.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have no experience on a 900RS, never even sat on one that I can remember. I do have about 110K miles on zx14r/zx14's previous to the 2020 N1K, and I find the power of the N1K just adequate for 2-up with the wife. My last 2006 zx14, triple tree adjustment, flashed, dual exhaust swapped with single carbon, was only a few pounds heavier than the N1K, was triple digit in 1st gear and more flickable than the N1K. For butt dyno kicks, at my age, I switch the N1K to Rider Mode (TC off), dump the bags and hit my local twisites and it's just enough fun to keep me smiling. So I'm happy with the N1K.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts