Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to register and join the fun.

I'm 55 and have been riding for 50 years.

Live far west suburb of St Louis, MO

Have a 2015 N1K. Miss my ZX10R but the old wrists just told me it was time for a different direction.

Not many mods just Akrapovic headers with stock cans, 190/55 tire, Puig screen, and +2 rear sprocket as I mainly just ride twisty roads. Plan on Ivan's flash soon.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hi Dudman. Welcome to the Forum.

I know what you mean about your wrists and supersport bikes. I think your shoulders will thank you too.

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
Welcome, and I'm glad you registered. I wish the rest of the lurkers would, too.

Too many worry that they cant contribute, they are new, or they have nothing to say.

So what? Join anyway.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Welcome dudman52, i have a nephew who lives in st louis works for boeing, sounds like you have the main componenant for ivans flash the header, yea i know about the pains lol its rough to get old. Glad you joined and look forward to your post

Reactions: Dudman52

·
Registered
127 Posts
welcome from Wyoming. so you started riding at 5 years old huh !

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
He has me beat by 2 years i had a motorcycle before i had a bicycle i started at 7, what was my dad thinking lol

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
I remember really going after this guy who said he had nothing to post. No useful information.

Turned out he had extra time because they discontinued the space shuttle section he worked with. He was one of the guys who strapped it to the 747 to move it around the usa.

I'm k, oh for sure..we dont want to hear about that, or any oh **** moments! no way....nothing useful...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welcome from Wyoming. so you started riding at 5 years old huh !
I may have been younger than 5. My dad owned a Bultaco motorcycle shop when I was young. He taught me to ride before I could touch the ground. He would let out the clutch and start me off and I would ride and ride and yell for him when I was ready to stop.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I may have been younger than 5. My dad owned a Bultaco motorcycle shop when I was young. He taught me to ride before I could touch the ground. He would let out the clutch and start me off and I would ride and ride and yell for him when I was ready to stop.
I see kids like this at my dirt track class. I don't know exactly how old they are, but definitely under 8. So jealous these kids will develop an precise sense of traction, tire slippage, and seat of the pants instincts.

Then there's the teenagers who ride in my group. One of them told me he intentionally caught up to me but didn't pass me. He want to make me defend my line. I really knew my place in the food chain at that point. It's all good though. He was, after all, helping me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then there's the teenagers who ride in my group. One of them told me he intentionally caught up to me but didn't pass me. He want to make me defend my line. I really knew my place in the food chain at that point. It's all good though. He was, after all, helping me.
I love to catch up to a group of young supermen that think they are all fast. Then at a stop I hear "I wasn't expecting someone that old underneath that helmet". Then they proceed to tell me my technique could be better in the corners or if I did this or that to my bike it would be much better for me.

·
Registered
11,308 Posts

My dad did that, too. I have an old picture, somewhere, with me on his Kawasaki 350. No helmet, of course....

What was better? Riding the bike, or your friends seeing you do that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts