Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some spools for my 15 N1k, they say they are for the bike but upon bolting them on i see the bolts are to large, not the typical kawi size that my zx10's & zx14's had

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just bought some spools for my 15 N1k, they say they are for the bike but upon bolting them on i see the bolts are to large, not the typical kawi size that my zx10's & zx14's had
You need 8mm (i believe) spools that are small if you want to leave them on the bike. We have issues the exhaust hitting the normal sized spools when the suspension is compressed. Lots of threads on here about the spool issues. I would recommend a search and then get a brand you know that will work 100% if you want to leave them on. I got the ones pitbull recommends when I bought my rear stand.

·
Registered
156 Posts
For anyone interested...I have a set of black Keiti Mini-Spools (8mm, P/N BB280K) for sale. I went with larger spools since my aftermarket slip-on's allow the larger size. They are in great shape except for scratches where the stand touches which, of course, will happen to all spools the first time you use them. My price is $12 Shipped in CONUS.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, BackStabber, I can see now where your name came from. Thanks to your Amazon reference, I guess my previous post to sell my Keiti spools for $12 is a moot point. Considering I paid exactly $16.38 for mine, I thought selling for $12 shipped would be a fair deal. Of course, I could give them away and maybe I'll do that but not just yet.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Finally, so many threads but no definite answer: Does the mini-Keiti clears everything if left on the bike? Thanx
YES!
Keiti mini's 8mm right now on my 2015 N1K,
  • threads smeared with loctite because they stay there.
  • with the stock exhaust cans in place.
  • completely clears the exhaust cans on suspension compression.
...your welcome :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts