Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would let you know, so you don’t waist your time waiting for one to arrive & find this out like me.
Due to the shape & thicker padding on the 2020 onwards. The bag doesn’t fit well at all & the straps don’t even go close.

So, I went with a Nelson rigg model CL-1060 R & it fits really well & looks good too.
I am waiting for the KQR cases to arrive, but they will only be for weekend trips etc, so this tailbag is perfect for my day trips.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Interesting. I have six Nelson Riggs - all three sizes in the current “generation” and a few from previous generations. The difference in generations basically being improved latching mechanisms. I love them and have had fantastic customer service on one that I did have a zipper problem with.

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
369 Posts
Aldi has a "Special Sale" on this Wednesday (30/9) for various motorcycle accessories, including tank & tail bags.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
Ninja 1000SX 2020 and 3xZ900 :)
40 Posts
I ordered the OEM bag back in July and forgot to mention this here. Same s.hi.t.
Ended up ordering the same NelsonRigg tailbag. It's not flawless neither.
If you keep the straps tight - the bag looses it's shape and becomes almost round.
If you loosen the straps - the bag moves in all directions on the seat, an inch or two is too much. Well, understood, it's a universal product...
But what an engineering idiot made a zip fastener for volume extension facing FORWARD when closed? It the gap gathers all dust, mist and water, which gets under the zipper. (It sits on the right side of the tailbag).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can you tell me what type of Naviholder do you have? Its seems perfect...
Hey, you are very attentive, as one can barely see the holder on the photo...
I purchased the frame from a guy in UK for about 40 pounds including shipping. He produces them in his small workshop. It's really the best I could find, as the nav sits much higher than the stock position and you don't need to look down. The frame goes under the 4 bolts that hold the windscreen. On top of it, I mounted a phone holder from China with QI wireless charger for my iPhone.

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
348 Posts
Thats a cool idea, does it impact your ability to adjust the screen in any way?

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is basically fixed TO THE SCREEN and lowers/rises with it. I use the lowest position and my phone covers the view of the bike's dash by maybe 1cm. On the second position - no issues.
This guy doesn't have a webpage or anything, contact him in facebook, name and profile picture below:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts