Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody own these? Do they really match the size of the interior? I'd really rather buy a cheap ripstop nylon duffle bag about 10"x12"x15" but can't find one that size.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I own them and I feel like they're worth the cost if you tour.... they keep everything organized and I can just lift them out and go into the hotel room without taking of the sidecases. I'm freakin lazy LOL

They fit perfectly inside the sidecases, they're really light and they are padded so they protect your gear as well as the sidecases.

I also bought some smaller stuff sacks that I use to further organize inside the OEM interior bags... one for toiletries, one for all my heated gear, one for street clothes, etc

·
Registered
456 Posts
I own them and agree with Sprockethead. You don't have to remove the hard bags and lug them into your room; just grab the liners by the straps. And they are the same shape as the hard bags to maximize usable space. I also pack using the kind of vacuum bags that you sit on to remove the air; saves much space.

Tip, on your phone save a list of what's in the left bag and what's in the right bag.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I did order a cheap nylon bag which I will try before spending $133. Will let you know if it's any good.

·
Registered
709 Posts
This is interesting. I bought a set of the factory saddlebag liners (from my dealer) and I swear they are between 1/2 and 2/3 the volume of the hardcases. Definitely not the full volume of the hardcases. Anyone care to compare notes?

Tag on the inside says Givi, with other side of tag showing "PN: 016817

They came as a symmetric pair, and each looks like it's contoured to fit the part of the hard bag facing away from the center of the bike (I hope that makes sense).

There is no way either of these bags is even close to the 28L volume of the hard cases.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I agree with Ishi... they fit perfectly as far as height and width, but they are only half the depth. It leaves room for some free floating items if you wish... wet rain gear or whatever.

Reactions: Ishikawa

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yup, I agree. I just got back from my first over-nighter and I couldn't be more pleased with the KQR Bags and factory liners. We packed our liners and found we got more in than we were expecting. Just before we headed out I told my wife I thought we still had room in her KQR for her back pack. She grabbed it, and cool, it fit.

We then head off to parts unknown (not really, we had reservations) and arrive at our destination. We soon discovered another pleasant surprise. Her jacket with shoulder and elbow pads still fit in her KQR! I tried my leather jacket with no pads and it fit just fine.

So I think the 2/3 rds size works perfect for us. You can stuff the liner full and still have usable space with easy access.

We leave again tomorrow and feel we are well set up to have a nice ride, a cool dinner train, and great roads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts