Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I managed to get hold of an OEM power socket outlet for my 2021 1000sx part No. 99994-1413 however can not find the male plug that is attached to the wiring loom front left behind the headlight. I do hope I have the correct part. Can anyone offer any advice on what the bike side plug looks like and where it is located. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys I managed to get hold of an OEM power socket outlet for my 2021 1000sx part No. 99994-1413 however can not find the male plug that is attached to the wiring loom front left behind the headlight. I do hope I have the correct part. Can anyone offer any advice on what the bike side plug looks like and where it is located. Thanks
Hey @Redfern Dave.

I used couple of days ago the following connector Sumitomo Hm .090 Male Female Waterproof 2 Pin Connector 6187-2801 6180-2451 - Buy Sumitomo Hm .090,Sumitomo Hm,Sumitomo Hm Series Product on Alibaba.com to attach my USB charger.
Its called a HM090 connector, but in black ofc. You'll find this one attached to the loom behind your left light. And it has an empty female connector attached to it. So it might trick you into thinking it's connected to something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @Redfern Dave.

I used couple of days ago the following connector Sumitomo Hm .090 Male Female Waterproof 2 Pin Connector 6187-2801 6180-2451 - Buy Sumitomo Hm .090,Sumitomo Hm,Sumitomo Hm Series Product on Alibaba.com to attach my USB charger.
Its called a HM090 connector, but in black ofc. You'll find this one attached to the loom behind your left light. And it has an empty female connector attached to it. So it might trick you into thinking it's connected to something.
Hi Lemmy thanks for the information. I will take a closer look at that and see if I can identify that connector. Cheers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Lemmy thanks for the information. I will take a closer look at that and see if I can identify that connector. Cheers.
On my bike (USA) the heated grips connector (15A switched circuit) and the power accessory connector (3A switched circuit) are taped to the same wiring harness under the left fairing. On my bike the power accessory connector is forward of the heated grips connector.
Sleeve Font Automotive tire Screenshot Fictional character

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On my bike (USA) the heated grips connector (15A switched circuit) and the power accessory connector (3A switched circuit) are taped to the same wiring harness under the left fairing. On my bike the power accessory connector is forward of the heated grips connector. View attachment 32971
Thank you Brian. I haven't had time to pull this down again and will take another look at it. The last time I had the fairing off I found two plugs and neither fitted the plug the power outlet came with. There must another one buried there as you say.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thank you Brian. I haven't had time to pull this down again and will take another look at it. The last time I had the fairing off I found two plugs and neither fitted the plug the power outlet came with. There must another one buried there as you say.
The power socket one is designed to be fitted into the plug around just behind the front left (passenger side if car) headlight - But it is the same plug as the 2 behind the fairing on the left side - Be aware the plug in the wiring looms is a full plug it has both male and female - you will need to disconnect the plug so to speak to plug the plug in :)

I took the seat off and located the plug in the loom under the seat so I knew what to look for in the front of the bike

Product Bag Sleeve Eyewear Font

Product Font Motor vehicle Parallel Design

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had another look and found the correct plug. Much easier if you remove the complete fairing (left side). Thanks all for the help and advice. Much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts