Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got email from Kawasaki last week, I think, indicating new 2022 models (including the SX?) would be announced today. Looking forward to what they have to say about the SX in the US...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks like the 2020/2021 with different color.

Beware: (Non-U.S. model specs may be depicted. Equipment illustrated and specification may vary to meet individual markets.)

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
I will still never understand why they only ship black Ninja 1000s to the US. smh...

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
181 Posts
Looks like they expanded the line of H2 offerings. Really targeting a small niche market of rich people there, Kawasaki.

But also a cute little Z650RS

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
It's easier to simply. The dealer only needs to stock one bike. KAWASAKI only needs to stock repair parts in one color.

Look at the zx10. In order to have all of the options they need a zx10 abs, and a non abs, in black.

They also need a zx10 kit abs and non abs as well as a zx10rr to complete the line up.

That's close to 70,000 worth of bikes, and they won't order just 1 of each.

Or, they simplify and order black , abs models. Notice the color choices for the other countries, on the ninja. They change 2 or 3 colored panels on a black bike and call that a color option.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Absolutely nothing of interest to me. And I agree that I wish they would give us something other than black.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looks like they expanded the line of H2 offerings. Really targeting a small niche market of rich people there, Kawasaki.

But also a cute little Z650RS
I must have missed something. What was new on H2s?

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Something's not quite right. They're showing the red striped bike but the select a color button says "Metallic Matte Graphenesteel Gray/Metallic Diablo Black" which makes me think the pic is in error and we're really just getting the black.
either way I would want the green that for sure is not coming here. They suck

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
Th bike on the ight side, still covered up, looks like it might be a ninja 1000, performance edition like the uk has?

No big deal. I think it's just an akra slip on.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
And ZX14R soldiers on for yet another year. I wonder if Busa v.3.0 changed their mind about killing it.

C14 too. In, you guessed it... black. Kawi showroom is gonna look like a funeral procession.

Reactions: jjscsix

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
You know, the bottom bike will be an entirely, 100% new zx6. I mean, 100% new other than the engine, frame, fork, shock and swingarm. Other than that, totally new. Especially the exhaust. They talked about a big bore ninja 650, sport bike. Maybe?

Kawasaki never said they were killing the 14 bikes. Forum members did, and have done so since @ 2015. The countries who have to abide by Euro5 don't get them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
looks like they are adding Showa Skyhook to the Z H2 SE.
I thought they had an electronic suspension on that model. It could be that or I had already heard they’d were coming out with it. Thanks for clarifying

·
Registered
19 Posts
I thought they had an electronic suspension on that model. It could be that or I had already heard they’d were coming out with it. Thanks for clarifying
I went back and checked. Actually, I think you're right and I was wrong. No clue then if they actually did add anything to the new models besides new colors.

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
According to this article, the 2021 had it. Kawasaki definition of "new" ? I suppose 11 month isn't old?

Which is why I corrected myself thus making your post....unnecessary.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I went back and checked. Actually, I think you're right and I was wrong. No clue then if they actually did add anything to the new models besides new colors.
I’d be lying if I said otherise, I like being right better than I like being wrong, and I have plenty of experience with both. But what I like even more is someone who does the homework and sets the record straight whether right or wrong.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts