·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First few minutes is the best.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Almost a typical road in the Himalayas in northern India except there would have been people, animals, bikes and big trucks all along the way. When my sister-in-law said the trip to Lachen was about 120 km and would take about 6 hours I thought she was nuts. Not once did I think the driver went too slow! To be fair, we had to wait half an hour for a landslide to be cleared and followed some loaded horses for a while until the road widened enough to get by.
One man's thrill is another man's commute.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The ride in Leh and Ladakh is a must do in your lifetime, you really get to appreciate how small man is, in the grand scheme of things.

Like @kenors said, there are people who live there and we find it difficult to do a short ride, really sets your perspective right.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I could not do it. I have a phobia of heights. When I ride certain roads in the Rockies I have to close my eyes ;) In all seriousness, I have ridden the Rockies many times and I tell the guy I ride with to ride ahead of me when there are steep drop offs right at the edge of the road. I just focus on the back of his bike.

·
Registered
782 Posts
If you think you have pretty good control and riding skills on a motorcycle, watch the video and then reflect.
jjscsix, you probably shouldn't even watch this. (To be honest, I've been on mountain roads where I simply get totally focused on the road. I don't really have a fear of heights, just a fear of the consequences of making a mistake.)
As agurudev said - this country is awe inspiring and humbling. Videos and pictures can be pretty awesome but when you're standing in it...just wow!

Reactions: agurudev
1 - 5 of 5 Posts