Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had such a feature on a bike before and wondered what difference it made from the factory settings, the instructions are in the owners manual, where it was just another gimmick ? Did a film on what I found and I was pleasantly surprised, please watch and comment if you have adjusted it too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good video!

I haven't turned mine stop-to-stop. That was cool to see. I did add 2 clicks of preload from stock, and like it much better. For reference, I'm 6'4" (~193cm) and 230 pounds (16.4 stone; 104 kg). I think I might add another click or two, though I'm still getting used to the bike and don't want to mess with it too much just yet.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The remote adjuster is just a convenient way of setting rear spring preload. The settings listed in the manual are for an average rider's weight. Not exactly sure what Kawi considers "average", but I would hazard a guess around 160-185 lbs. That's with all you riding gear on. You should set F & R spring preload to your own weight. Here's an excellent illustrated guide to setting rider sag:

The goal is to set up the suspension so as to allow the forks/shock to operate in their optimum travel range while riding.

Remote adjuster is common on bikes that will likely carry a pillion, which changes the static sag (now with weight of both rider + pillion). Being a sport touring bike, N1k having it makes it easy to change from solo to 2-up riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts