Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damaged both my handle bars (tube that clips-on to risers) strapping onto a trailer. I have yet to find an OEM replacement. I see random sizes on RevZilla, but nothing specific.

Can someone recommend an OEM replacement set, or an aftermarket that may lower the height?

·
Registered
828 Posts
An option is go with clip-ons if you want lower. Not to sound like an ad, but I have a used set for sale in the classifieds. Whether you buy mine or not, adjustable clip-ons would be a good option if you want to lower the bars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Always good to go with a canyon dancer tie down. Works on almost everything.

Welcome to Canyon Dancer, Inc. - Home of the original Bar-Harness.
you took the words & post out of my mouth, i have used canyon dancers for years & they are bar none the best way to secure a motorcycle for hauling. i've seen countless people have bikes come loose, mess up clip-on's, damage body work due to improperly tying there bike down or using improper points on the bike to tie down from. also ive sold several sets of my canyon dancers because iv sold a lot of bikes through the years & when people come to haul it home they have crap for tie downs! (true story)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Damaged both my handle bars (tube that clips-on to risers) strapping onto a trailer. I have yet to find an OEM replacement. I see random sizes on RevZilla, but nothing specific.

Can someone recommend an OEM replacement set, or an aftermarket that may lower the height?
Here you go, you will find the exact component you're looking for. I selected 2014 Ninja 1000 as an illustration so you would need to select your bike's year of manufacture.

2014 Kawasaki NINJA 1000 ABS (ZX1000MEF) Handlebar | Flemington Kawasaki

Reactions: jr_tx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I actually used canyon dancers to strap the bike onto the bike trailer. It wasn't too tight either. I assume a few potholes on the i-95 did the damage.

Here you go, you will find the exact component you're looking for. I selected 2014 Ninja 1000 as an illustration so you would need to select your bike's year of manufacture.

2014 Kawasaki NINJA 1000 ABS (ZX1000MEF) Handlebar | Flemington Kawasaki

Thanks, appreciate it! $100 for both is quite steep for two small pieces of tubular steel. I wonder if there are other replacement options.

·
Registered
127 Posts
never a good idea to trailer a bike tying off with the handle bars.i recommend using soft
ties around the upper triple tree.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I actually used canyon dancers to strap the bike onto the bike trailer. It wasn't too tight either. I assume a few potholes on the i-95 did the damage.

Thanks, appreciate it! $100 for both is quite steep for two small pieces of tubular steel. I wonder if there are other replacement options.
You might can find a cheap knock of, but do you really want cheap junk on the part you hold on to

Reactions: Ishikawa

·
Registered
58 Posts
What Landman said is good advice. I have bent clip ons using Canyon Dancers. Triples are a better tie down location.

·
Registered
599 Posts
A good quality wheel chock and straps on the rear passenger pegs is all I have ever used and it works very well.

Had to perform a rapid emergency lane change to avoid a knucklehead driver and the bike stayed put.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts