Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I just bought a kawa ninja sx1000 2013 and after two rides, when accelerating really fast I get little tank slappers...This is my third bike and on all my other once I had a steering damper. I am wondering if it is possible to install a steering damper AND a phone holder on this bike?
Anyone has already done it?
I was thinking of a fork damper and a phone mount on the handle bars...
Thank you for your help and time!
Kawa power!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You could add the gpr damper to the steering cone nut and have ram ball mirror clamp adaptor for your phone holder

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm all right man thank you!! Ill try to look for that!
Do you have a picture of the ram ball mirror clamp adaptor for the phone holder?
If I underatand right, I could install the phone holder on the gpr steering damper?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the GPR and also used a rammount bolt that allowed met to mount cellphone holder using a bolt from the left hand grip. Here is my PIC.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the GPR and also used a rammount bolt that allowed me to mount cellphone holder using a bolt from the left hand grip. Here are my PIC's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2017 Ninja 1000. On one of Jonathan Long’s YouTube videos he installs the only stem phone mount I’ve been able to find. Couldn’t find the link though. But if you search his YouTube videos you’ll find it. It’s the only one that fits the hex stem cover. In conjunction with that I use a ram 1” adapter with a Quadlock mount. Pictures below. It works well. The Quadlock is super secure. And allows one handed attachment and removal.
B488A869-7731-42A0-A6B8-770485B84988.jpeg
0C5785FD-57AB-4DD9-BA9C-B6394B881561.jpeg
4B53CC73-8D8A-400D-A438-59A404569068.jpeg

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had the center mount before as well. You cannot use that if you are using a center mount steering stabilizer. That was why I had to change up to the one I pictured above.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Why not just use the threaded hole that is already on the left side? I much prefer having the phone mount in this position. My phone is still in the protective bubble from the windscreen but up high closer to my left hand.

Reactions: Casi

·
Premium Member
12,455 Posts
This was a nice accessory for the concours 14. You remove the bolt that holds the handlebar to the riser and put this in its place. The ninja uses the same bolt, so this would work on our bikes as well.

It's not expensive, but the shipping usually is.

·
Premium Member
12,455 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the GPR and also used a rammount bolt that allowed me to mount cellphone holder using a bolt from the left hand grip. Here are my PIC's.

Wow thank you very much for the pictures! I am trying to understand what parts of the ram mount bolt you bought in order to make the Ram phone holder turn right (more central)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a 2017 Ninja 1000. On one of Jonathan Long’s YouTube videos he installs the only stem phone mount I’ve been able to find. Couldn’t find the link though. But if you search his YouTube videos you’ll find it. It’s the only one that fits the hex stem cover. In conjunction with that I use a ram 1” adapter with a Quadlock mount. Pictures below. It works well. The Quadlock is super secure. And allows one handed attachment and removal. View attachment 30985 View attachment 30986 View attachment 30987
I like this mount is very clean! I might install it if I decide not to use a steering damper...Thank you!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why not just use the threaded hole that is already on the left side? I much prefer having the phone mount in this position. My phone is still in the protective bubble from the windscreen but up high closer to my left hand.
View attachment 30989
Hey buddy! I just checked my bike and it looks to me that you installes the ram mount on the clutch levver...On my ninja 1000 2013, I only have like 1 cm of space....I am not sure I could fit a
RAM Mounts Torque Handlebar
Can you pls explain me how and where you installed it?! THX

·
Registered
734 Posts
I didn't use those handlebar mounts. All you need is a RAM mount ball with M10x1.25 threaded post. RAM® Ball Adapter with M10 X 1.25 Threaded Post I bought mine here.

That threads right into the hole that is covered up by a plastic cover. On the Ninja 1000, that threaded hole is not used. On other models (Z1000, Versys, etc.), it is used for mounting a mirror stalk.

Then just choose an extension length you like. Mine is medium, IIRC, but pretty sure short or long would also work fine.

More detail here: Ram phone and stock seat

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't use those handlebar mounts. All you need is a RAM mount ball with M10x1.25 threaded post. RAM® Ball Adapter with M10 X 1.25 Threaded Post I bought mine here.

That threads right into the hole that is covered up by a plastic cover. On the Ninja 1000, that threaded hole is not used. On other models (Z1000, Versys, etc.), it is used for mounting a mirror stalk.

Then just choose an extension length you like. Mine is medium, IIRC, but pretty sure short or long would also work fine.

View attachment 31077

More detail here: Ram phone and stock seat
Wow! Thank you very much for your time and for the precise details! Ride safe bro!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Hey man! Now that I figured out the phone mount kit I need, I am asking if you know where can I buy the MOUNTING BRACKET for a steering damper like GPR style. I can't find any mounting brackets that goes on the two screws of our tank...Thank you!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey man! Now that I figured out the phone mount kit I need, I am asking if you know where can I buy the MOUNTING BRACKET for a steering damper like GPR style. I can't find any mounting brackets that goes on the two screws of our tank...Thank you!

I got the kit from MotionMoto because they had a slight discount.

Here is the one I purchased and it fit perfectly:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I got the kit from MotionMoto because they had a slight discount.

Here is the one I purchased and it fit perfectly:

Mine is a 2016 so you know that model still fit exactly...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts