Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Welcome. I know this is the ninja 1000 forum, but I think we like pretty much any bike. Feel free to post more.

·
Registered
273 Posts
A week ago a short afternoon ride ran a little longer and farther than expected. I left the house around 4:00 pm for a ride around town and returned around 3:15 am logging a little over 320 miles. I don’t think I have been to Galveston Island since Hurricane Ike. This picture really captures the mood of the night for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
I understand this is an old thread but I bought a N400 November 3rd and just turned 5,400 miles this week. I love the bike, seriously and can't see selling it. However, I rode a '14 N1K last week and was hooked immediately, and I sat on a 2020 1000SX and it fits me nicely even at 5'-6", better than the 400 really. Also sat on a 2018 H2 SX and it was sweet but the 1000SX is what I want and all I can think about despite only a few payments in on the N400.

BTW, I am 55, started riding really young (5), riding a CB750 by 12 and off the street since I was 18. So I
consider myself a total newbie with 5,400 miles and 4 months and 2 weeks seat time.
I've ridden the Ninja 400. It's a really a great bike. If I had room in my garage I would have bought the one I test rode.

However, you can't compare it to the N1k. It's just not fair! LOL! Because you're strapping another engine to the N400....46 rwhp versus 125 rwhp!

Having said that, there are FEW things the N400 can't do that the N1k can. BIG power is one of them. And it's a big difference. Street cred is another. There are very few other bikes and even fewer cars that can keep up with the N1k. When you pull up to an intersection that feeling of invincibility can be priceless even if you don't use it 99% of the time. You probably won't have to. The mere sight of "1000" on the side of the N1k and the mean idle of an inline four is enough to get people in fast cars to pause. Let me see.....do I try and possibly get embarrassed? Or pretend I don't care and save myself and my Tesla P100D the shame of seeing that N1k's taillights? Hahah!

Other than that, the Ninja 400 can do it all (except off road and the N1k can't do that either). Enjoy the Ninja 400.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts