Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a video of my trip to Austin on the Ninja to watch the MotoGP race and ride the Three Sisters in Texas

Previous Videos since purchasing my Ninja below:

My Initial review of the Ninja and accessories.

Competition from Suzuki?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I’m fortunate enough to ride the Sisters several times a week since moving to the area eight months ago.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
168 Posts
Good videos - I've subscribed and look forward to more :) (y)🏍

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just watched the video on the Suzuki as a competitor. I think you stated, or implied, that the Ninja 1000 was based upon Kawasakis liter sport bike. That is not the case. The Ninja 1000 was based upon the Z1 “Naked” bike. Neither one of them is based upon any part of the ZX10.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just watched the video on the Suzuki as a competitor. I think you stated, or implied, that the Ninja 1000 was based upon Kawasakis liter sport bike. That is not the case. The Ninja 1000 was based upon the Z1 “Naked” bike. Neither one of them is based upon any part of the ZX10.
You are correct. I need to work on my messaging and delivery. I was trying to make the point that the Ninja 1000sx and new GSX are closer to the sport bike end of the spectrum vs other heavier larger sport touring motorcycles. At least when it comes to the geometry (Wheelbase, Wheel size, suspension travel, stance) and engine (inline 4 cylinder) the ninja feels and looks more like the flagship sport bike ZX10 than say for instance a bmw s1000xr compared to the bmw S1000rr. It's all splitting hairs in the end. I'll try to stick to trip videos in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts