Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m struggling to find some rear spools to suit the new 2021 ninja. Bought some eBay specials but the stand hits on the swingarm so they don’t sit out far enough. If I increase the length of the spools it will hit the exhaust when rear suspension is compressed. Has anyone else overcome these issues? Can you recommend some rear spools and paddock stand to suit?
Thanks
Dane.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
94 Posts
I bought these:
Race Stand Spool - Rad Guard Store - work perfectly with the Anderson stand which I scored as a freebie from a mate who didn't need it anymore - Rear Stands for Motorcycles (andersonstands.com). They're not cheap at $226, so I probably owe him a few beers 🍺🍺🍺🍺
Valve Stems - Rad Guard Store - will have these installed when I replace the tyres.
Approximately $30 each + $15 postage.
I should have ordered them when I bought the radiator guard (Kawasaki Ninja 1000-SX 2020 - 2021 Radiator Guard - Rad Guard Store) to save postage cost. Freight (radguard.com.au)

Reactions: Daneos

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought these:
Race Stand Spool - Rad Guard Store - work perfectly with the Anderson stand which I scored as a freebie from a mate who didn't need it anymore - Rear Stands for Motorcycles (andersonstands.com). They're not cheap at $226, so I probably owe him a few beers 🍺🍺🍺🍺
Valve Stems - Rad Guard Store - will have these installed when I replace the tyres.
I should have ordered them when I bought the radiator guard (Kawasaki Ninja 1000-SX 2020 - 2021 Radiator Guard - Rad Guard Store) to save postage cost. Freight (radguard.com.au)
Thanks MicMac for the info. I have a Anderson stand so I’ll give these Race stand spools a go! Right angle valves make life so much easier when topping up tyre pressure.
I have the radgaurd on my bike too but will definitely get some right angle valves with the next set of tyres.

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
145 Posts
I need to order the 80 degree valve stems one of these days. I saw them once years ago then forgot about them. That was two tire replacements ago...

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE
76 Posts
The thumbnail pictures on that T Rex site have the paddock stand set up have the lifter fingers back to front in my opinion .
The longest finger should face the front of the bike, so when you are dropping the bike, the paddock stand has pressure on the spools after the road wheel has touched the floor.

Rob.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Good recommendation on the angled valve stems. Dunno why Japanese mfrs refuse to put these on from the factory... at least for that front wheel. It is almost criminal how bad it is with that straight rubber stub. I suffer with them till the first tire change, then they are out!

Last sets of valve stems I ordered were from here: 90 Degree Low Profile Valve Stem - 10mm - GOLD-VS-90-GOLD-10 since I had to get some replacement parts for my Nomar tire changer. Most folks call them 90-deg, but of course they are not exactly 90... but close enough. :)

I've got the T-Rex Racing spools as well. I bought the combo pack that came with those relocator brackets. I tried them and they worked well for the intended purpose. Since I've got aftermarket slip-on, I don't really need them, so I decided to take them off and installed the spools directly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good recommendation on the angled valve stems. Dunno why Japanese mfrs refuse to put these on from the factory... at least for that front wheel. It is almost criminal how bad it is with that straight rubber stub. I suffer with them till the first tire change, then they are out!

Last sets of valve stems I ordered were from here: 90 Degree Low Profile Valve Stem - 10mm - GOLD-VS-90-GOLD-10 since I had to get some replacement parts for my Nomar tire changer. Most folks call them 90-deg, but of course they are not exactly 90... but close enough. :)

I've got the T-Rex Racing spools as well. I bought the combo pack that came with those relocator brackets. I tried them and they worked well for the intended purpose. Since I've got aftermarket slip-on, I don't really need them, so I decided to take them off and installed the spools directly.
I put the 83 degree valve stems from Kurveygril

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Try checking your tire pressure right after comping off the track with a straight stem and you hear the skin on the back of your hand sizzle on the brake rotor..... 90 degree valve stems are a must.
-or- leave a glove on. All my tire air accessories have 90 degree heads on them. Never felt the need for a 90 degree stem.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Even with a basic tire gauge, you have to get your hand in there to apply pressure.

I am trying to wear out the front OEM S22 tire, so I can replace it with a real S22 and a 90 degree stem will be going in.

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Years ago, my friend ordered 90 degree stems for his business. He wanted 20 stems and ended up with 20, 4 wheel sets. Special order....no return. Brigeport brand. so he was giving them away for the cost of postage.

I put them on both bikes. I had to eliminate the tps monitors, on the 14, to do it. It's one of the best mods I ever did. I've taken much better care of the pressure since adding them.

The other nice part is installation. The stock stems need to be pulled into place. You pretty much need a tool to install them. The 90 degree stems bolt in. I think mine needed a 13mm socket. You can cut out the stock stems, with side cutters, and bolt these in, without needing professional help.

·
Registered
870 Posts
RC, those Bridgeport valves are the gold standard for motorcycle 90deg valves. The genuine Italian 11.3mm ones (sized for Japanese bikes) have 14mm hex nut. 8.3mm for Italian bikes have12mm Hex nut.

I've bought knock-off Bridgeport valves. Some even have the "B" logo too. They work well enough, but still not as nice as the "real deal". Them Eye-talians just have a knack for turning everything - even something as lowly as a tire valve - into an objet d'art.

And, of course, on an all black bike, I have to have GOLD color valves. I just bought a black/gold EK Z3D chain too to piamp up my ride. :LOL: :geek:

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
I me tioned rhat name because I bought some from cycle gear that didnt have that quality feel. For the chain...I love gold chains, for real. It's way easier to evaluate them for cleanliness with the gold color. I should just order the one you are talking about.

I havent bought this chain, yet, but I'm going to. I would have bought it, but I believe it's a Regina brand. Their master link has a strange rivet pattern and I'm not sure if I can do that, myself. It's probably a waste to pay for the maintenance free thing, but I have to find out if this is true.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts