Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CBR1000RR, '18 CBR1000RR SP, '21 Ninja 1000SX
202 Posts
I did try an Airhawk. I didn't like the instability at any inflation amount.
From what I understood, the correct way to use it is to barely inflate it.
Could you elaborate a little on what you meant by instability at any inflation amount?
Do you mean the air bubble is sliding around?

·
Registered
615 Posts
So shockingly the ZX10R seat does not even come close to fitting. Now I'm wondering about if the ZX14R or the Versys 1000 seats fit...and are better. Not sure if I want to drop $300 on an aftermarket seat. FWIW I rode today in jeans and the stock seat is much more tolerable

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
From what I understood, the correct way to use it is to barely inflate it.
Could you elaborate a little on what you meant by instability at any inflation amount?
Do you mean the air bubble is sliding around?
I tried it with everything from a lot to pretty much none. A couple people I rode with had them and liked them. They never move their a$$ in their seat when they ride. I move around. It's like sitting on a big moving fart.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
The zx14 has an excellent seat, but it won't fit. The versys fuel tank is too different to fit.

The Ninja seat just needs some foam. Thank the people who have to flat foot their bike for this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I tried it with everything from a lot to pretty much none. A couple people I rode with had them and liked them. They never move their a$$ in their seat when they ride. I move around. It's like sitting on a big moving fart.
Exactly, they suck!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I had a much needed Sargent seat on my 2011 N1K. But at 14,000 miles I still have the stock seat on my 2020. It’s the first bike I’ve bought in a long time that I have not replaced the stock seat. I’m very pleased with it.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
I think the best aftermarket ninja seat would be the Sargent, but you have to get the dtx covering. The mistake I made was not knowing you could ask for an extra inch of foam. My seat is good, but the extra inch of foam would have really helped it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think the best aftermarket ninja seat would be the Sargent, but you have to get the dtx covering. The mistake I made was not knowing you could ask for an extra inch of foam. My seat is good, but the extra inch of foam would have really helped it.
I added 1/4" of quality foam to mine and it made a big difference.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes. Mine was literally as hard as a board. There was no way I was ever going to "break in" that seat. Maybe I added 3/8" (the thread is still over on the old forum) but it definitely was not 1/2". I wanted to use the stock cover and couldn't fit any more under there. It made a big difference and allowed me to keep the seat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Kawasaki tall seat is very good for tall folks.

I just listed a Corbin and Sargent seat in the For Sale section.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had a much needed Sargent seat on my 2011 N1K. But at 14,000 miles I still have the stock seat on my 2020. It’s the first bike I’ve bought in a long time that I have not replaced the stock seat. I’m very pleased with it.
I agree. The OEM seat is quite comfortable to me. I've done more than a couple 200+ mile rides and didn't hardly have a problem. My only complaint with the stock seat is the tilt. It's slanted too far forward. After a bit if I don't adjust it pulls my pants up too high. :D

The Kawasaki tall seat is very good for tall folks.
I've heard that plenty, but man, I just can't justify spending $500 on the damn thing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello I am new to forum. I purchased a 2019 Ninja 1000 abs last year. I am 54 years old, and had not been on a bike since about 1993. The ninja 1000 has plenty of power, but i find myself just wanting to go fast, especially on winding roads. I never rode a supersport, and want to know how much better handling they are for example zx 6 or zx 10. Thanks
Hi Johen,

I'm usually late in responding to posts but this one is near and dear to my heart. These guys have covered just about everything but I have to ask - If I'm following: 1) you're 54, 2) haven't ridden in 28 years and 3) have never ridden a Hypersport ?

Also, what type of physical condition are you in? Any neck or back problems? Do your hands/wrists go numb when you ride? Do your knees hurt? How tall are you? Have you even sat on a Hypersport? Most importantly, are you flexible?

They require more commitment than most folks realize. Even my friends who workout hard to stay in shape can't ride Hypersports due to some physical issue they can't or don't want to overcome. Even IF none of that stuff is an issue for you, unless you have the riding experience you'll probably never go half as fast on a hypersport as you do on the Ninja. They are difficult to ride well (especially on the street) due to their committed riding position. You definitely do not just jump on one and go fast.

All that B.S. aside, if you really want to experience one for yourself (which I think you should, life is too short) go for it! Just hang on to that Ninja! Once dialed in it's a great sport bike for the street and you'll have it to ride if your hypersport experience ends up being like most other folk's.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have been doing some research on this and so far, the 2 solutions that I have not tried but many claimed to work for Iron Butt guys are:
  • Airhawk pads
  • Russel Cycle DayLong
As someone who has completed the Ironbutt CCC100 and many other rides, I can attest to the RDL seat and Airhawk pads. I had an Airhawk and a Sargent seat on my FJR when I did the CCC100 and 5k in 5 days ride.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just keep you're Ninja 1000 and buy a used 1000 Supersport, U should be able to pick one up for close to half the price and probably only a few years old.

The Gen 3's are the Ninja 1000 in it's purest form once it's gone you won't get it back.

Reactions: jjscsix

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did try an Airhawk. I didn't like the instability at any inflation amount.
You want the Russel Day Long. Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it's a pain in the *** to get done (you need to send in your stock seat pan with photos of you sitting on the bike). No, it doesn't look cool.

But it will eliminate your seat issues. Not mitigate, totally eliminate. It lives up to its name, I can sit on it all day without any *** pain.

This is one of the most comfortable seats you can get for any class of motorcycle, even big HD road couches. On something like the Ninja nothing else is even close to being in the same class.

Do make sure to note that you want the front set high enough to get rid of the forward slide in these bikes.

It is hands down the best mod I have made to my bike. I doubt I will ever own a bike I don't do it for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you just want a supersport then quit being a whiney azz biatch and get one. Take your 'mistake' posts and go to a supersport forum and waste their time and not ours.

"In the future if you are put off by a topic please, by all means, feel free to skip it and move on to one will allow you to contribute something useful." -Chowda

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
526 Posts
"In the future if you are put off by a topic please, by all means, feel free to skip it and move on to one will allow you to contribute something useful." -Chowda
Take your 11 posts and shove them little boy

41 - 60 of 65 Posts