Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. About to become a very happy guy due to take possession of a new 2020 ninja 1000sx. Had a great test ride and eagerly awaiting my delivery.

The only complaint I have is that I'm a short @rs£ and need to lower this bad boy as much as I can.
I'm initially looking at carving the horrendously uncomfortable seat in to something much lower and hopefully more suited to my backside (ok 2 complaints) i suspect that I will get around 1 to maybe close to 2"as the stock seat is very padded but honestly I would like to shave another inch off if or where I can. Perhaps even salvage some padding if I can lose an inch or so elsewhere.
Lustracing appear to dominate my Google searches but I quite like the T-Rex lowing linkages that are supplied from USA but in not sure if they are any good or if they have a 2020 version.
Anyway, had anyone had experience and success and how much did you manage to lower the ride hight?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the aftermarket seat put on mainly for comfort but it’s lower also so that could be an option for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did consider that, I'm definitely going to get the standard scooped first as the lower seat does give 30mm but I'm going to gamble the price as I think there is a bit more to be shaved by an aftermarket mod. If it goes wrong then that seat is definitely on my shopping list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts