Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. My motorcycle history consists of my first bike which was a 2003 Honda VTX1800C. Sold it when I moved up north because I could only do about 300 miles a year with my summer travel schedule. Put about 5K miles on it. Moved back home and hemmed and hawed about what bike to get next. I thought I wanted a crotch rocket. (I'm 43) Love sport bike looks and the handling. Chickened out and bought a Suzuki M109R. Long story short, I hate that pig of a bike. Heavy, but fast. But heavy. I rented a 2013 Ninja 1000 just to see how I would do on a sporty bike. Truth be told, I loved it. Well, I am trading in my 2014 M109R and getting a 2014 N1K ABS Blue on Friday. I cannot wait!!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and get your help from time to time. This is such a nice bike and I cannot wait to put many miles on it. I have been doing a lot of research and there are very, very few people who have anything negative to say about this bike. Especially the 14's and 15's. So there you go! Thanks and I'm going to need some help early on. I know nothing about sport bikes. I did all the work on my VTX and 109 myself. But I need to learn about chains, the oil these bikes use, the best stand for maintenance, etc.

Take care.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You're going to love your new bike. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Awesome Choice, and welcome to the family.

·
Registered
148 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts