Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from West Lafayette, IN. I am new to Kawasaki but not new to motorcycle riding. I have owned Yamaha FX06, Harley Sporster & VRod, BMW R1200R & 1200S. I travel on my motorcycles and also commute and ride sprinted roads. I was looking to replace my 2007 BMW R1200R and stumbled upon a 2021 1000SX. A few weeks later there was a new bike in the garage to get ready for a trip out west in September. Loved the bike from the start and cannot wait to pile on the miles with my extended warranty!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Nice! Kawi has one of the most generous and easily affordable factory extended warranty programs in the moto industry. If you buy new, it would be a shame not to consider it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new SX. If your westward ho trip includes Arizona, send me a PM if interested, we could maybe hook up for a few miles.

·
Premium Member
13,350 Posts
That extended warranty, for the ninja, has been cheap since 2011. So far, I havent seen anyone that saved money from buying it.

Some did on the concours 14 because of its tire pressure sensors, but not on the ninja/z1000/z900 series.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
150 Posts
Hi Frenchman, welcome and congratulations on your lucky 'stumble'
Enjoy the journey 🏍 🏍 :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
How West Layflat has changed since I was at Unidue Purversity decades past!
You should be glad that Kawi softened the rear spring as it is way too hard for touring on my 2018, but fine on its lightest setting for spirited rides.
You might want a taller windscreen to lower wind noise for long trips. My 6" taller VStream is very good, but when parked, you must be careful not to let its reflected light melt your gauge cluster a bit as some of us have!
Also, it keeps your top speed to 110 because it makes the bike less stable at higher speeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts