Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I know these two bikes are priced more than $14,000 CDN difference, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any thoughts on this?
I called my local dealer. He was allotted one GSX-S GT and he's pre-sold it for the year, so it's a pretty good indication that they're going to be a hot commodity.
Thinking about that $14K difference in price, I'm wondering what the differences would be, other than engine. If the turbo engine of the H2SX accounts for half the difference, say $7K, then does the additional $7K spent make sense? What would be the benefits gained? One would be the electronic suspension, for sure. Another would be the IMU. So that's $2K. What about the rest?
The Suzuki looks well thought-out and quite refined. Tests say the windshield is great and so are the bags, seat, and the TFT.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The only comparison worth a damn in your question is riding position - the 2 bikes are so far removed from the same bike it is pointless to compare features.
Also I am pretty sure the H2SX for 2022 is pre - order only and they are closed - you may pick one up somewhere that a person changed their mind on but seems like there is a waiting list.

Riding position on the Suzuki will be more upright but this is neither good nor bad depending on how you like to ride.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Two different bikes is right. One is fast and stable, the other lighter and more nimble.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I was thinking about the riding position but didn't want to judge until I had the dimensions, or someone added it to cycle-erg. I thought they made the new H2SX more upright? Kawasaki is describing it as "sporty yet relaxed" but they do not indicate that they've made it any more relaxed than previous models.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know they're different, but either would work on my yearly four-day motorcycle trip. 😀

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
The h2sx, has has also had several thousand more spent on it's suspension and brakes. It's paint is also in another league. The electronics are, too. Much like you would expect when you spent that much more for something.

If you remember when the h2sx was introduced, they had a base model that was 19,000 that had the stuff I mentioned at a more similar level to the Suzuki. It didn't come with bags, so there's another thousand .
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire

·
Registered
102 Posts
The H2 I think is a far more refined bike and is finished much better, only the buyer can determine if that refinement (and performance) is worth the price difference. If I were a millionare I might get the H2, otherwise the Zuki. But you should be comparing the Zuki to the N1K. Between those 2 they each have their little advantages and disadvantages, so to me really it's a toss up. I would get the one I can get the best deal on, and if Suzuki is restricting production so much you can't even get one that makes the choice obvious.

Reactions: Crawsack

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the riding position on the H2SX still pretty aggressive? Same as the 1000SX?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
It is a little more forward. I frankly preferred it. It's quite similar to my ZX12R.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a little more forward, but is there as much bend in the knees and hips as you'd get with a supersport?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
VERY cramped leg position. If you have long legs don't even think about it. I have a 31" inseam and it was tough. I could put in 500 and 600 mile days but I could barely walk after.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, that's not going to work for me then. I'm about a 32" or 33" inseam. What about the ZX-14?

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
169 Posts
VERY cramped leg position. If you have long legs don't even think about it. I have a 31" inseam and it was tough. I could put in 500 and 600 mile days but I could barely walk after.
Agree. I put Knight Design lowering pegs on mine that gave some relief at the expense of a little ground clearance. I also transferred them over to my 1000SX when I traded for it, which I also find a little cramped.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Agree. I put Knight Design lowering pegs on mine that gave some relief at the expense of a little ground clearance. I also transferred them over to my 1000SX when I traded for it, which I also find a little cramped.
I had the knight designs on for a week and yanked them. They pushed my feet way too far out.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hi,
I know these two bikes are priced more than $14,000 CDN difference, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any thoughts on this?
I called my local dealer. He was allotted one GSX-S GT and he's pre-sold it for the year, so it's a pretty good indication that they're going to be a hot commodity.
Thinking about that $14K difference in price, I'm wondering what the differences would be, other than engine. If the turbo engine of the H2SX accounts for half the difference, say $7K, then does the additional $7K spent make sense? What would be the benefits gained? One would be the electronic suspension, for sure. Another would be the IMU. So that's $2K. What about the rest?
The Suzuki looks well thought-out and quite refined. Tests say the windshield is great and so are the bags, seat, and the TFT.
The GT has a good chance of replacing the N1k. I'd wait at least a couple of years though. Market conditions will likely remain unfavorable for quite some time to come. Insurance rates for the GSX-S line is lower than the N1k, at least with Progressive and Geico I've checked. OTOH, H2-SX is prohibitively expensive to insure, so it's out of contention until that changes, if ever.

Reactions: Crawsack

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
169 Posts
I had the knight designs on for a week and yanked them. They pushed my feet way too far out.
They only move your feet out about 1/2" (the thickness of the vertical part), which I didn't find uncomfortable or to have any impact on the reach to the foot controls at all (I did have to adjust the control heights). Since they have no rubber on top, in addition to the drop, they give you about 1 1/2" more legroom--I found this to be a significant improvement in comfort. Each to their own.

Here is a picture of them on the H2 SX SE.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Same fit on the 1000SX.
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle brake

Attachments

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
They only move your feet out about 1/2" (the thickness of the vertical part), which I didn't find uncomfortable or to have any impact on the reach to the foot controls at all (I did have to adjust the control heights). Since they have no rubber on top, in addition to the drop, they give you about 1 1/2" more legroom--I found this to be a significant improvement in comfort. Each to their own.

Same fit on the 1000SX.
Yep, to each his own .......

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Those are some pretty nice welds on the H2SX frame. I think I'll have to keep looking for good fitment. Must have rocks in my head...sold a 2010 VFR1200F...best riding position I've had on a non-ADV style bike.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
... 2010 VFR1200F...best riding position I've had on a non-ADV style bike.
+1. I switched to helibars on my 2010 VFR1200F and didn't like them. When I replaced the 2010 with a 2012, I kept the stock clip-on's.

Sitting on the H2-SX, the ergos felt very similar to the VFR1200F. That is one thing I liked about it. Although not having ridden one, I can't be certain of that.

GSX-S1000GT's handlebars look very much like the N1k's - kinda tallish and more of less straight across with little drop and sweep. Unlike the N1k, the tubular handlebar won't be as easy to replace with something that can be fine-tuned (like the Apex clip-ons).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts