Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,502 Posts
I'm not sure Traxxion is ever cheap, although the shock rebuild is, as lo g as the details fall into place. Like where do you leave the disassembled bike while the rebuild takes place. Shipping is also expensive. Shipping forks sucks.

Ohlins sells a basic shock for 600ish...The fork doesnt have a good/cheap solution. You can choose one of those options.

Back in 2007, we had a real suspension shop. Drop bike off, pick up when finished. I dont think they stayed open for 2 months .

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yeah, to be clear what I was quoted for was the ak-20s, not a cartridge rebuild, and a penske shock for around 900. Then 600 for labor, along with sales tax was going to be a bit above $3k. I'll pass. I would have needed a night in a hotel as well in addition to gas and quite a few tolls, so now we're talking 3.3k all in.
I did exactly this, about a year ago, with another bike I have. It was almost a five hour drive both ways and a night in a hotel. Took the wife and made it an overnight date with dinner out and a little shopping in Woodstock which is a quaint little town. The check I wrote to Traxxion was 2600 bucks, so yes, their prices have gone up quite a bit.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Woodstock NY? That's closer to me than the "nearest" place I found off the Traxxion website. It still sounds like all in it cost you close to 3k with the travel and overnight.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts