Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just purchased a new 2013 Ninja 1000, unfortunately its been raining the last couple of days around here, but very warm for this time of year. I'm dying to get out for a good ride. My name is Dave and I live outside the Phila. area.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. A lot of info here about the bike and how to make it your own. Hopefully you can ride it soon. I know how tough it can be to wait until the weather permits riding again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got out yesterday for 70 miles, very happy with the bike. Only complaint is the mirrors. I ordered '14 mirrors and the extenders on Ebay today. Thanks for the great info. I have a BMW GS and this is the perfect bike to go with it, sometimes you just want to go out and ride something with power. Can't beat a 4 cylinder Japanese motor. The power is addicting.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yes, the power is one of the big pluses of the bike. Even when you go up in gearing with a 16T countershaft sprocket (reduce revs at cruising) you don't lose any peak acceleration up through the gears. Kawi did a great job on the powerplant. It pulls pretty well anywhere in the rpm range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts