Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I live in San Jose, CA and I'm a brand new owner of a 2016 N1K, I paid 12K OTD (MSRP) so I'm pretty happy with the deal.

Before the N1K I was riding the same bike for the last 18 years, a 1998 Suzuki 600 Katana with 100,000 miles on it....so needless to say it was time for an upgrade.

I can't say enough about how much I love this bike so far, there is so much torque coming from that Katana and I absolutely love the ergonomics of the bike.

So far I've added:

• OEM Gel Seat
  • R&G Rad Guard
  • 47L top case along with the bracket to mount it.
Planned upgrades are:

• Aux Lighting
  • Frame Sliders (R&G)
  • Taller Windscreen
  • Yoshi Alpha Exhaust upgrade
Currently only 35 miles on the bike but I plan on putting a bunch more on during the 4th of July holiday. Looking forward to taking the bike up on Skyline blvd and seeing how she handles those twisties :)

I've browsed the forum for about 2 weeks before buying my bike....looks like a great community of folks sharing lots of good info.

Happy 4th everyone, I'm off to High Sierra Music festival for a week of camping and music :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Welcome bitcollector. I'm going to figure out the meaning of your handle somehow.

Hope to see you on HWY 9 sometime. I'm up on the peninsula in Redwood City.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

I choose bitcollector as my handle because I'm a computer dork and I like to collect bits of data.....lots of music and movies mainly.

Also, I ended up getting the carbon grey / spark metallic black combo. I'll post a picture as soon as my Givi V35 bags and top case comes in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

I choose bitcollector as my handle because I'm a computer dork and I like to collect bits of data.....lots of music and movies mainly.

Also, I ended up getting the carbon grey / spark metallic black combo. I'll post a picture as soon as my Givi V35 bags and top case comes in.
Boy can I relate. I have a FreeNAS server running all kinds of stuff. I have over 15 TBs of music and movies.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Welcome from the other coast BYTE collector!
You computer geeks got nutin' us accounting nerds :D

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Yea Hillary was a bit collector with her on servor lol welcome and be careful riding this 4th alot of crazies trying to get from point A to point B

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Crazy slow is more like it, in the hills at least....tourists and their little roof pods and trailers.....grrrrrrrr......

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a picture of the new bike up on skyline, looking down at the valley below.

still farkeling, just fitted the new V-Stream (dark smoke) sport/tour windscreen today. I also purchased the GIVI V35 side panniers but the bracket is on back order.

The wife really loves the new topcase with the backrest....makes her feel more secure knowing she is not going to fall off the back :)

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts