Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Have you tried these yet. I may try these next as I hear a lot of good things about the M7RR.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Metzeler

Nope, can't even buy them yet. Even if I could, I wouldn't be able to provide any feedback until at least May. I can say I've been pretty consistent with Metzelers from the M1 up through the M7's and haven't been disappointed with the rears as they get better every time. The fronts are kinda weird as I liked them all except the the M5's. Funny profile.....

·
Registered
579 Posts
By the way, the Rosso Corsa II is an incredible tire and probably the best performing tire I have ever experienced for spirited street riding. Ridiculous drive grip and the front inspires tons of confidence on corner entry. Downside is they wear very quickly and are a bit more expensive than tires they compete against.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way, the Rosso Corsa II is an incredible tire and probably the best performing tire I have ever experienced for spirited street riding. Ridiculous drive grip and the front inspires tons of confidence on corner entry. Downside is they wear very quickly and are a bit more expensive than tires they compete against.

If the M9's aren't available soon, the Rosso Corsa II's will be going on instead.

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha FZ-10 2017 Suzuki M109R
81 Posts
You can find the M9RR's on ebay, but they are coming from the UK or Italy and shipping isn't free.

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha FZ-10 2017 Suzuki M109R
81 Posts
M9RR's are now on Revzilla.

Reactions: Chrispy

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
They are the same company now...
I never knew this:
Metzeler is a German motorcycle tyre company founded in 1863. Metzeler originally produced a variety of rubber and plastic products, expanding into aviation in 1890 and automotive and motorcycle tyres in 1892. The factory was destroyed in World War II and rebuilt after the war. In the 1950s and 1960s the American distributor of Metzeler tyres was Berliner Motor Corporation. After 1979, Metzeler focused only on motorcycle tyres, and was acquired by Pirelli in 1986.[1]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts