Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finalized the deal Fri. 2014 Blue Ninja 1000 on order. Should be here in a week. I rode 1 in Daytona and called my dealer right away.
Been riding since 1967 hence the old fart handle. Had lots of bikes over the years both track & street. Trading in 2012 Moto Guzzi Norge with 21000 mi and not 2 yrs old yet.
Most of my riding is in the Smokies and N Georgia and going to as many AMA road races & dirt track races as possible plus a MotoGP or WSB when I can.
Thanks
Jack

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome, Jack. Sounds like you have had lots of adventures on bikes. Glad you joined the site. Btw, I was born in 1967.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Welcome to the newest and greatest N1K forum to grace this planet.

How about the first MotoGP event of the season. You got the defending rookie and the old doctor. Tell me this isn't better than NASCAR.

I'd like to hear your decision and search process surrounding the N1K.

By the way, I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was."

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The older you get it becomes harder to find a bike that fits you. So the Ninja was an easy one. Sport touring handling and comfort and weight. There are not a lot of bikes out there in this part of the market. I got a chance to demo one at Daytona and I was sold.

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Welcome to the newest and greatest N1K forum to grace this planet.

How about the first MotoGP event of the season. You got the defending rookie and the old doctor. Tell me this isn't better than NASCAR.

I'd like to hear your decision and search process surrounding the N1K.

By the way, I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was."

Welocme to the new member. I'll be waiting for the payoff for another blue Ninja. Color exists because I voted for it 100 times in an owners pole. I was recovering from knee surgery, and medicated out of my mind and decided to take the survey 100 times. I also voted for "Pink"..maybe in 2015?

Tony, I hate all the new rules and such for Moto GP...But, that race was incredible. Those last five laps.....I thought Rossi had him. Talk about talented professionals/gods.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey Jack. You live near some good roads and nearly year round riding. I plan to buy a house out near Charlotte sometime this year so when I retire from the Navy I'll be able to wear out my Ninja.

I've put about 15000 miles on mine these past 10 months since I bought it but unfortunately most of those miles are commuting on flat, straight eastern NC roads.

Welcome though and have fun with the Ninja. I'm sure you enjoy it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! The blue is awesome, it was what I originally wanted but picked up a new leftover 2012 that was too good to pass up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts