Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a brand new '15 Ninja 1000 ABS. Look forward to everything I can learn about, well, everything. Do you guys have some sections and threads I should check out to be better acquainted with my bike and things to look for, common troubles and fixes? I'm trying to baby her as much as possible unless I take her to the track.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Welcome aboard Tallstraw! Kawi did a great update to the N1k in '14 that addressed most of the issues of the earlier models... most people do at least replace the seat though.

·
Registered
711 Posts
There is an Ivan's Tune thread that is worth reading. I just received mine Friday and installed it last night/this morning (re: it wasn't the only thing I did, the ECU install takes about 5 minutes to remove and 10 to install). Definitely worth it!

Reactions: novaks47

·
Registered
125 Posts
No reason to baby the motor. So long as it's up to temp, and has oil pressure the engine is ready ton run.
I am also in this camp.. Welcome man..

I break my bikes in hard.. Never had an issue.. Good luck and welcome!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you aboard.

The advice I got directly from the dealer service manager was don't baby the engine, or it may not break in properly. Warm it up, and ride it. He said the only reason they don't officially advise this is because some dudes will do something dangerous in their efforts to "break it in" properly.

Also, the reflash from Ivan makes the bike so much better. I was really happy I did that mod.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Welcome, and ditto the break-in comments. Only thing to avoid on a new engine is constantly revving the piss out of it when in neutral. Other than that, have at it!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Welcome aboard Tallstraw! Kawi did a great update to the N1k in '14 that addressed most of the issues of the earlier models... most people do at least replace the seat though.
If you do get another seat and it is a complete swap, watch that the base is for a 2014 and later bike. The mounting arrangement is different than the 2013 and earlier N1K bikes. After three years, you'd think the after market saddle makers would know that. I bought a Baldwin saddle, which they swapped for my OEM seat. It took some e-mails with photos to explain why their saddle with an older N1K base wouldn't fit my 2015, but they made it right without too much hassle. Love their saddles. Just FYI...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts