Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  javarob 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone, just wanted to open a thread and say hello and thanks for the info so far on the new bike. I picked up a 2015 in October, black and so far have enjoyed the bike. It's been tough abiding by the break in procedure but almost there thanks to the warmer than usual whether in the northeast.

I bought the bike with the thoughts of it replacing my Ducati Hypermotard as I wanted something 2 up friendly and better for longer rides. I also wanted storage. Unfortunately it'll be awhile before my bags, back ordered until February. Still have the ducati for now.

I also have a 08 ZX6 that I bought primarily for track use but I still get it out on the street every once and awhile.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum 15n1k... I just bought a 2014 before Thanksgiving. Finished the break-in today and bounced her off the rev limiters wahooooo!

I too have bags back ordered. You would think we could get bags pretty quickly in the states in the off season but noooooooooooooooooo

#11 ·
I've been waiting for three months for my factory bags.. But I also got a call yesterday from the dealer and they said that the bags have been released and should be in the us in two weeks. I guess everyone is waiting..
from what I could gather it sounds like they only make the bags in batches so there was a very big waiting list. Of course we had been having a mellow winter and I was getting out on the bike but snow fell the day my bags arrived and more coming today.

Sorry I missed your original post but it seems you and I have quite similar tastes in motorcycles. Now if you tell me you also like women with big butts we may be distantly related.
That's funny, I haven't come across anyone else that has such a close match in bikes. I'm struggling with what to do with my hypermotard. The week before I picked up the ninja the service light came on for the 22k service.

As for the big butts sounds like we have a lot in common, haha.

Hi 15n1k,
Just by coincidence I picked up the same black N1K. Excellent choice :)

I ordered the hardshell panniers as well, but they tell me they are backordered 8-12 weeks :-(

It would be great to see a picture of the bike with the black side bags. Would love to see what I'll be getting (eventually).
Thanks, you too. My dealer had both the black and green model but I tend to go for bikes that aren't the "typical" color. My ZX6 is blue, my ducati is black.

Here's a picture of the bike in the garage, best I can do at the moment.

#9 ·
Hi Everyone, just wanted to open a thread and say hello and thanks for the info so far on the new bike. I picked up a 2015 in October, black and so far have enjoyed the bike. It's been tough abiding by the break in procedure but almost there thanks to the warmer than usual whether in the northeast.

I bought the bike with the thoughts of it replacing my Ducati Hypermotard as I wanted something 2 up friendly and better for longer rides. I also wanted storage. Unfortunately it'll be awhile before my bags, back ordered until February. Still have the ducati for now.

I also have a 08 ZX6 that I bought primarily for track use but I still get it out on the street every once and awhile.
Sorry I missed your original post but it seems you and I have quite similar tastes in motorcycles. Now if you tell me you also like women with big butts we may be distantly related.

#10 ·
Hi 15n1k,
Just by coincidence I picked up the same black N1K. Excellent choice :)

I ordered the hardshell panniers as well, but they tell me they are backordered 8-12 weeks :-(

It would be great to see a picture of the bike with the black side bags. Would love to see what I'll be getting (eventually).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.