Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Black 1K
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I'm new to the forum, I am not new to the Kawi world, my 1st bike was a Ninja 250 over 20yrs ago, and also had a ZX14 (an awful story for another day). I previously owned a Katana, GXSR750 and the last bike before I jumped into the N1K was a gen2 Busa (2008). I just recently acquired a beautiful BLK 2019 with only 2K miles on it, a huge difference between the Busa and this cruiser/literbike. The only mods done already are the sequential tail light and fender eliminator from MD, looking forward to feedback/conversations with everyone.
Ride safe

·
Registered
853 Posts
Cheers. Enjoy the bike. I live somewhat close to Orlando. My favorite road is Deer Park off of 192. I'm also planning on going to Orlando Speed World eventually.

·
Registered
2019 Black 1K
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers. Enjoy the bike. I live somewhat close to Orlando. My favorite road is Deer Park off of 192. I'm also planning on going to Orlando Speed World eventually.
I'm more on the west side (Clermont) so my backyard is all about hills/twisty roads

·
Registered
501 Posts
Welcome. Nice looking Busa and N1K. Care to share your awful zx14 story?

·
Registered
2019 Black 1K
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome. Nice looking Busa and N1K. Care to share your awful zx14 story?
Have you ever watched the movie Ghost Rider, were the bike is on flames as GR is riding the sh&* out of it, I can relate to this. While riding my ZX14 at speed limits thru a country road out of the blue I started to feel an intense heat close to my right leg, normally the ZX engine runs a little hot though not this hot feeling/sensation. I looked down on my right side and flames are coming out from the side, quick thinking/reaction was shifter/brake and pulled to the side which was just dirt and grass (country road) and not in the highway, landed on my shoulder (dislocated and some road rash). The culprit was one of the pistons broke and the engine oil ignited the fire, melting the plastics. As you can imagine bike was totaled, the insurance wrote a nice check and I ended getting the Busa. Had the gen 2 Busa from 2008 to last yr, when decided to get the 2019 N1K, I do miss the powerband from the Busa though love the N1K

·
Registered
501 Posts
That is quite the experience. If it had happened to me I would have switched to the Busa as well. I've had 2 2006 zx14's and a 2012 zx14r and had good luck with all of them. And like your Busa, I do miss the powerband, but also like the 2020 N1K. Different bikes for different times. Although the zx14r is my favorite, I'm not sorry at all that I finally switched to the N1K.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Born in Brooklyn but raised in PR and moved back 30 yrs ago.
How did you figure it out ?
My girlfriend is Puerto Rican and from Orlando so I know a little bit about the place. I've been to Ace Cafe on bike night and ive noticed that Puerto Ricans love their GSXRs Hayabusas and DRZs, and will stretch and chrome out all of them.

·
Registered
2019 Black 1K
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My girlfriend is Puerto Rican and from Orlando so I know a little bit about the place. I've been to Ace Cafe on bike night and ive noticed that Puerto Ricans love their GSXRs Hayabusas and DRZs, and will stretch and chrome out all of them.
Well, that's an accurate definition of them, I'm a misfit, I don't do that kind of sh##&. Sport bikes were invented to be ridden, specially on twisty roads, not too sit in a parking lot and show how much chrome and wasted money you can do on a bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts