Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am turning 60 in a few months and finally after not riding for 28 years decided its time for another. Last bike I bought new was a 1985 honda v65 sabre. Loved that bike as a young man. I was all over the map looking at cruisers and thinking that this bike would be intimidating to get into riding but sitting on it feel good. Now I need to get it registered and take it for a ride. I did not even get a helmet yet. Ig smiles just sitting on it and listening to the motor.

2016 with 2150 miles looks like it just came off the showroom. I will most likely take it to a dealer for them to check everything. Bought from original owner who bought it as a left over in 2017. He changed the oil at 500 miles and every year after.
Tires and all fluid are original. Always stored in heated office area.

Any tips? Would you change coolant and brake fluids?
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Shoe Automotive fuel system

Thank you
Jed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Rode the first week on low power to get use to riding. Switched to full power yesterday and no turning it back to low. Now I am starting to tweak the suspension to my riding style. Feels faster than my honda v65 Sabre. Glad I did not go for a slower bike. I really like the surge once in awhile on a straight away. It's still in my blood. Lol.

Jed

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Ooh, as an ex-VFR guy I like the RED. I would probably swap all the fluids out that haven't been changed and be a bit careful on 7 year old tires but other than that...enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts