Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up a 2015 Monday. Very excited. Got off of 2 wheels for years and about a year ago gut the bug again. I bought a 2014 Ninja 650 which I liked but it was too small and ended up trading it in on a 2014 Suzuki M109r. I like it but the guys I ride with all ride sportbikes and I have a hard time keeping up so I am trading it in. Can't wait.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey Palmer, congrats. I too had a 109. Had it for about 4 months and realized I made a mistake. Very uncomfortable for the riding I do. It was fast for what it was. But I am in love with the N1K. Congrats.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome, Palmer, from your neighbor near Winston-Salem!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Picking up a 2015 Monday. Very excited. Got off of 2 wheels for years and about a year ago gut the bug again. I bought a 2014 Ninja 650 which I liked but it was too small and ended up trading it in on a 2014 Suzuki M109r. I like it but the guys I ride with all ride sportbikes and I have a hard time keeping up so I am trading it in. Can't wait.
I love NC and I guess you aren't too far from the Dragon? Welcome!

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Welcome aboard Palmer... I only know one guy who didn't love the N1k after he bought it and he owned like a dozen pretty exotic bikes... not even sure if he rode any of them he just liked collecting them and talking about them on forums.

If you are truly a rider you picked the right bike because it does everything well.

Reactions: Ishikawa

·
Registered
599 Posts
North Carolina has some great mountain roads. I actually hope to move there in a few years. Just have to convince the wife.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sadly, you will now be afflicted with dreaded Perma-grin. You'll get over it for brief periods, until the next time you ride, then starts all over again. My sympathies.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome guys! Took the 109 out today with my friends for some final play time. Part of me is gonna miss that bike. It is very comfortable and pretty fast but I think I'm gonna be happy. Tomorrow is the day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in Lincolnton NC. Just about every road around me is good. I'm about 2 hours from the dragon tail (deals gap) I ride a 2014 ninja 1000.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would be down for meeting up and riding but warning I am old and slow. lol.
Most likely not older and slower than me :eek:. I'm 70 but who's counting? BTW...I've learned to watch out for all the guys that talk about being slow and saying stuff like, "I ain't nobody special". Those often are the guys that blow your doors off but, of course, not me since I really am slow.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome aboard ! You WILL enjoy !!

Had to laugh reading 2weelz quote above .. had a similar experience .. the dealership where I bought my '13 N1K (TransCanada Motorsports - Scott and the guys are awesome) took a '12 C14 on trade. Scott let me take it for the day. Was nice and orig'ly what I wanted. Had a great full days riding but when I took back my N1K and left the parking lot, that 'grin' that 2weelz talked about was all over my face for the next few blocks.

A great bike that does most things very, very well.

Like I said, you will enjoy !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts