Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New guy here from central Canada. Just put a deposit down on a new 2013 N1K ABS. Got a great deal from TransCanada Motorsports. Been browsing thru this site and learning lots about my bike and sport touring in general. Raced MX as a kid. Got my KZ550 in my late teens. Got my kids into MX and got back into it myself. Just too hard on this 40+ body ! Now, looking fwd to getting back on the street and doing some trips on the new bike. Can't wait til 'pickup date'. (June 1)

Reactions: ben37

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. The bikes have been out for almost a month less a few real cool days; even the odd snow flurry BUT we have had temps of mid to high teens (Celcius) or roughly 60's/low 70's F ++.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome Coach,
From a fellow Canuck in the nation's capital.
I also bought a new N1K13 from a local Kawi dealer, I got the white and black one.
What colour did you get?
Never been out to Manitoba, maybe one day I will.
Cheers,
Den

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx for the 'welcomes'.

Den, I got a green Kawi with black tank. Was the only in the showroom but I think I really like the color. Rode KX's in my MX days so a little partial to the Kawi green. I've seen pix of blk n white ones, tho, and they ARE nice !

I opted, so far, to not get the factory sidebags. It's another grand ++ and just have a hard time rationalizing that kind of $$. Almost bought a 98 KRS 'taxi' and then almost an 02 KRS. A little high on the mileage for the $$. But, I wanted a ST and I actually like the hardbag look on those two Bimmers and on the N1K's. Won't be doing any track riding so I think I'd be able to live with the bags on most of the time. We'll see. Maybe I'll budget the factory bags or Givi's down the road.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Eddie's" home - finally !

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts