Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the 2021 version back in July over the internet from a dealer in Illinois. My wife drove me up there and dropped me off and I rode it about 350 miles home. Mostly back roads with a couple inevitable stretches of 4-lane.
I took it down to East Tennessee a couple weekends ago and made a couple passes through the Tail of the Dragon. I’m obsessed with this thing. It’s techy, really strong, really well mannered. Comfortable. Confidence inspiring.
this is my first experience with a quick shifter and I must say, it took a little getting used to. Yes, read the manual. I don’t find the manual particularly well written, but when you have no basis for understanding, reading comprehension can be a challenge. I’ve also noticed Kawasaki added a little feature most dealers aren’t familiar with. They have to register the bike to the new owner or the CEL flashes. I didn’t notice for a few miles when I jumped on to ride home and I considered going back and just didn’t. It was running strong, instant MPG was about 50 and it idled smooth. I just want to put some miles down. Stopped later and googled it. Google said DFI fault. Or, registration issue. I rode home.
Love this bike and everything about it. Everyone needs one of these.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new N1K, they are fun!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks here willing to share valuable information regarding our bike. It really is a superb all around road bike. The 2021 is amazing bang for the buck. I am still riding my 2013 and don't plan on letting it go any time soon.

There are some really good twisty roads just east of Frankfort where I live, and some even better roads a few minutes north of Georgetown. Would be glad to show you if you ever come this way.

Cheers......John

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Welcome!

I liked the tour of the bat making facility. I sucked at baseball, but the factory was unreal.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
15 Posts
Welcome from West Lafayette, IN. I picked up a 2021 in July and immediately put 400 miles on it. Great bike!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Glad you found one as they are hard to capture! And already visited the Dragon, kudos to you dude!!

Did Bridgestones come on yours? I didn't realize what total crap they were until I put on Michelin Road 5's which totally transformed the machine for the better.

Having just ridden from Chattanooga through the Dragon, I concur that there are incredible roads to be enjoyed all over Eastern Tennessee.

Got a slightly used one a few months ago and loving it. I don't have Kawi's QS, but have one from Bazzaz on my CBR and never had to learn a thing about it. You're not the first to say the Kawi QS has a learning curve, tho. Funny thing is that the dealer told me my 2018 had a QS but it doesn't. The scuffs on my boot prove it took me a while to realize the dealer was wrong...o_O

1 - 6 of 6 Posts