Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After owning an Yamaha FZ6S for six years I got myself a 2014 black/grey Z1000SX ABS with 19k km on the odometer. It feels like a great improvement to the previous bike in every level (excluding the insurance prices) and I'm looking forward to some long trips with this bike :D

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome !

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Welcome i second the pictures, enjoy the forum

·
Registered
127 Posts
welcome from Wyoming.great looking color combo.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome from Oregon

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
I work with a younger guy who does not do a thing on the internet. I'll sometimes mention, "I talked with a guy from Finland....or, I have
a Russian friend with a yz 250."

He sees me as some world traveler.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I believe we need more pics from Finland.....
Some pics taken by me from Finland, even though any of them do not have my current bike in them... just to give a general impression on how it looks like here :) There's the former bike in some pics though. It's a beautiful country, too bad the summer is usually quite short here.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm sort of a late starter here in motorbike riding, I got my license for a bike when I was 30. Now I am 37 and I have some 95 thousand kilometers (~60k miles) with different bikes and visited 18 countries with my former bike from the start so I guess I have made up for the time I was not riding when I was younger well enough :)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Some pics taken by me from Finland, even though any of them do not have my current bike in them... just to give a general impression on how it looks like here :) There's the former bike in some pics though. It's a beautiful country, too bad the summer is usually quite short here.
Beautiful scenery. Looks like some nice riding.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome, JTL! I have been to Helsinki, beautiful city. Your pics are of the countryside so I suppose you're not a city-slicker :)

And that's a staggering amount of riding you've done, brilliant!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Welcome, JTL! I have been to Helsinki, beautiful city. Your pics are of the countryside so I suppose you're not a city-slicker :)

And that's a staggering amount of riding you've done, brilliant!
Thanks! Nice to hear that you've visited Helsinki, I like that city as well :) Actually I live in a city of a bit over 200000 inhabitants, but I prefer to take my pics outside the city :) There's plenty of lakes and rivers here in Finland due to the Ice age carving the country when the ice melted, so here's one pic with the bike and a river about 30km from the city I live in... it is the best part of the summer here now, the sun does not go down at all and the temperatures are around 15...23 deg C.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts