1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm about to buy my first Ninja 1000.
I have a 650R and used to own a 250R

I test rode aa few Ninja 1000 and I'm sold...
hello everyone...
Dan

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi Dan and welcome. A turbo cheetah should be pretty fast.

Forum Disclaimer - if as a result of the info you learn here, you spend copious amounts of money fixing/upgrading your new Ninja (when you get it), it is solely YOUR responsibility! :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
The bike you're about embark upon is better in almost every way than a superbike of 10 years ago but we here at the forum will have all the input you need to correct it. Welcome aboard. You're gonna love it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Welcome! I recently picked up my 2015 in January. Really glad I chose the Ninja 1000. It's a great bike for many different types of riding. I certainly hope you agree.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats! Bought mine a few weekends ago and love it so far! Don't buy it for a passenger though, I'm still in the doghouse after getting rid of my Goldwing F6B....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boom did it!

Hi,
I'm about to buy my first Ninja 1000.
I have a 650R and used to own a 250R

I test rode aa few Ninja 1000 and I'm sold...
hello everyone...
Dan

Mine

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So got my 2013 for $6900 Zero miles... and they accepted my Ninja 650R (2008) for $3100...

So I'm super happy.

·
Registered
828 Posts
If you are happy with the deal, then great! That is all that matters. Keep it for 5 years and it really won't matter what you paid anyway. You'll have so many miles of smiles.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Dan and welcome. A turbo cheetah should be pretty fast.

Forum Disclaimer - if as a result of the info you learn here, you spend copious amounts of money fixing/upgrading your new Ninja (when you get it), it is solely YOUR responsibility! :D
Hey Day Trippin, I have a few questions for you from the mods you had on yours (although mine is a 2013 I'm sure is similar)...

Factory 16T countershaft with rubber bushing- What year this came from ?
Heavier bar end rates - Where did you get this from ? I need this!

Ninja 636 footpegs- What year and how do we do this? will it move them back?
Frame sliders - which one you recommend? (I see yours were only $50)

Any other important mod that is a must? (I'll be doing lights and seat for sure)

Thanks man...

Dan

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
828 Posts
13144-1320 SPROCKET-OUTPUT,16T

Most any of the 636 pegs will work. The tops are lower but the bottoms the same height. You won't lose ground clearance but you pick up some room in the stock location. You eliminate all the rubber on the top. It isn't a huge amount, less than inch, but it makes a difference.

I'll try and look through my old emails (if I kept them) for the sliders.

The other mod I liked for riding on the highway is a better windscreen. That and the seat made a huge difference.

For bar ends go to Kawasaki bar ends

I got the EXTRA heavy ones; 17.2 ounces.

Get rid of the crappy tires at some point and go with a 190/55 rear tire. I liked the Angel GTs a lot.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow those are HEAVY, there is even a 17.7 oz...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts