Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Have been looking through the forum for some time now. Plenty of helpful people which is great to see.

I am considering jumping on a Ninja 1000. Am coming from a litre sports bike and looking for something a little less track focused and more enjoyable in the real world.

Actually test rode a 2014 this morning. Plenty of grunt and it felt quite nimble. Really nice ride. Shame it only had 4kms on the clock so took it a little easy as the tyres were not scrubbed in yet.

I have a quick question. Anyone have issues with vibrations coming through the bars? My hands felt a little "buzzy" afterwards.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Glad you got a test ride. I was able also but had to ride behind an employee on another bike & it was less than a good evaluation. I did better on my own riding at slow speed around the parking lot. I love the riding position & haven't found the vibes to be a problem. Welcome!!:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I haven't had any vibes in my 137XX miles on my Ninja 1000. Maybe a little bit the first 1000 miles but nothing that left a memory. Certainly no issues now.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
There is some vibration. Its nto an extremely smooth bike, such as the Concours 14. It gets to be less after a good break in, and a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info and feedback.

Am going to take it out again in a couple of weeks to get a second feel.

Will let you all know how I go with round 2.

Sorry, forgot to mention where I was from. Am from sunny Brisbane, Australia.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am picking up my new to me 2012 Ninja 1000 ABS today. I am fairly sensitive to vibration on longer rides. My Honda ST1300 is smooth as glass. Will give you my thoughts after I get back from the weekend riding...

·
Registered
971 Posts
Welcome to the newest and most well behaved N1K forum dedicated to humans.
Where do you hail from?

Grab On Grips Grip Cover - Fits From 1.25in. to 1.45in. OD - 4.25in.L, Color: Black MC401 : Amazon.com : Automotive

Grip puppies help with a thicker grip and the foam absorbs some vibration.
I bought the 5 inch and cut them to size.

Has anyone else bought these? Would the 4.25 inch be perfect?
I bought the 4.25" and they fit perfectly. Not sure why shorter length costs more.
Definitely use hair spray on the inside of grip to get these on like the instructions state. They slide on compared to my last attempt using soapy water. It was a wrestling match with my forearms looking like Popeye when I was done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome, I get some vibration, not enough to be annoying. It's a fun bike to ride, keeps me entertained!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Grip puppies absorb some vibration plus it gives you a wider thicker grip.
It's more ergonomic and reduces wrist strain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts