Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Finally picked one up last night. I’ve been riding on the street for 20 years and always loved sport bikes, but some joint pain and other issues influenced me to keep buying enduros, dual sports and even a C14. None of them satisfied me. The ninja 1000 has been the perfect machine. (Just bought mine, but have ridden a buddies a few times.)

I’ve had everything from a VT500 Ascot to a 600RR. Maybe 15 or so bikes? Also riding dirt since I could ride a bicycle.

I’m open to rides anywhere within a few hundred miles of my zip. Its a little chilly now, but got such a fair deal I had to snap it up.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Welcome. In the north it's a bad time to buy a bike to go riding but a good time to buy a bike and get a great deal. I think almost every bike I've ever purchased was in the September-November timeframe. I lowered the pegs an inch to ease the knee bend. Looks like you already have an aftermarket seat so you're good to go!

Reactions: hawk600rr

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kenors - I also have a tendency to purchase bikes around Oct/Nov. I love when people tell me "it's a terrible time to buy a bike, you're crazy!". Saving money has never seemed crazy to me! Back in 2016 my buddy has this same bike, sargeant seat and bags also, and wanted to unload to me for only $5000. He was moving on to a new expensive hobby and his 2 year motorcycle fling was over. I was strapped at the time and couldn't swing it (just started the process of selling my home while building another). I ended up giving $5700 for this one, but I still think it's worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts