Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I got an update last weds saying, expected eta was 2 weeks time. So should arrive at the end of next week, if on time. I know they are really busy, so I would say it will be the week after at best, by the time they assemble & add on the extras.
Thanks for the update....now i have an idea re mine :)

·
Registered
2012 Ninja Z1000SX (Green)
31 Posts
Well my plans for a 2020 are sunk.... Mr Taxman needs me to pay my HECS back... darn.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Now that's a bummer :(.
Hopefully you'll be able to buy a 2nd hand 2020 at a good price after you've paid the HECS (y)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Exciting...bike should arrive soon. Already ordered a few bits, tail tidy, spools, tank pad, oem filters and oil

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Tired of waiting for the 1000sx...plus because they did not have my color i am thinking of looking at the S1000XR.
Anyone have experience with the 2020 xr?

Thanks
Erick

·
Registered
100 Posts
Tired of waiting for the 1000sx...plus because they did not have my color i am thinking of looking at the S1000XR.
Anyone have experience with the 2020 xr?

Thanks
Erick
That's a bummer Erick. Surely they can tell you when they are going to arrive now, as they are already in the country.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thanks...that is what i dont understand. They have floor stock but my bike that i paid a deposit for is not available. Really frustrating

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
367 Posts
Different stories....now told they stuck on ship
Easy fix. Ring Kawasaki Australia (02 9684 2585) or use the Contact Form on the www.kawasaki.com.au website and tell them you have paid a deposit and are getting screwed over by the Dealer. Tell them you'd like to cancel your deposit as you would like to by a BMW instead. That should get their attention.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE
19 Posts
Different stories....now told they stuck on ship
I just had a look at Ship movements into the Port of Adelaide, and there is large container ship called MSC Sindy arriving this Sunday 18th October, ex Melbourne.
No idea what on it of course, but it's a big ship from it's picture. Perhaps your's is on it in a long tin box.
So your Ninja would be the same as mine, green frontage and black tank as a 2021 SX SE then ?
I would assume there are fewer of a 'Special Edition' imported than the overly common Black colour that Kawasaki Au loves year on year.

Rob.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Easy fix. Ring Kawasaki Australia (02 9684 2585) or use the Contact Form on the www.kawasaki.com.au website and tell them you have paid a deposit and are getting screwed over by the Dealer. Tell them you'd like to cancel your deposit as you would like to by a BMW instead. That should get their attention.
I dont think its the dealer....i am told the delay is with Kawasaki au

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I just had a look at Ship movements into the Port of Adelaide, and there is large container ship called MSC Sindy arriving this Sunday 18th October, ex Melbourne.
No idea what on it of course, but it's a big ship from it's picture. Perhaps your's is on it in a long tin box.
So your Ninja would be the same as mine, green frontage and black tank as a 2021 SX SE then ?
I would assume there are fewer of a 'Special Edition' imported than the overly common Black colour that Kawasaki Au loves year on year.

Rob.
Thanks Rob...that could be it :)

...yes its the SE, so do you like the color of yours?

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE
19 Posts
Thanks Rob...that could be it :)

...yes its the SE, so do you like the color of yours?
Not really, Black is not my number one choice in colour's. I never will buy a Black car, never.
IF I knew KSAu were sending this one rather than the green tanked 2020 that I ordered, I would have bought something else. The Ninja was my second choice, the original order for a 2020 Suzuki SV650X fell over as they had no stock anywhere in Australia. A hasty 'on the phone' decision by me in retrospect.
I think today I would have preferred the Z900RS Cafe in Lime Green. I had test ridden the classic 2020 Z900RS prior.
As Sweaty noted elsewhere, the knee's do quickly dull the Black enamel gloss paint from contact pressure at the knee joint.
The fold in the jean's at the knee bend is enough to do this. Some stick on decal or protector will hide it.

Rob.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Not really, Black is not my number one choice in colour's. I never will buy a Black car, never.
IF I knew KSAu were sending this one rather than the green tanked 2020 that I ordered, I would have bought something else. The Ninja was my second choice, the original order for a 2020 Suzuki SV650X fell over as they had no stock anywhere in Australia. A hasty 'on the phone' decision by me in retrospect.
I think today I would have preferred the Z900RS Cafe in Lime Green. I had test ridden the classic 2020 Z900RS prior.
As Sweaty noted elsewhere, the knee's do quickly dull the Black enamel gloss paint from contact pressure at the knee joint.
The fold in the jean's at the knee bend is enough to do this. Some stick on decal or protector will hide it.

Rob.
Thanks...i also don't prefer black bikes or cars. Due to the fact that i also ordered green and black is coming they gave me the option to decide when it arrives. Added the delay and lack of option to test ride i might just not take the bike. Maybe better i wait and see what else comes on the market next year. I was hoping for a new model hayabusa. Will wait and see i guess

41 - 60 of 65 Posts