Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's got a garage but it surely needs fixing up...:)
I miss having a bike, always had one till 2015 when i sold my 2013 Fireblade. My first Kawasaki was great but my last one was not nearly as good, that's why i went back to Honda. Hopefully i will be happy with a ninja1000

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm bikeless too atm. Waiting for my 2021 to arrive & never had a Ninja before.
Have you done a great ride that incorporates the Oxley hwy, waterfall way & Gwydir hwy before ? Love that area for a 3-4 day getaway from Sydney.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, it looks like a bike this year won't be happening. Dealer says they most likely not getting a bike again till next year

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, i think you will struggle to find a bike for a while unfortunately. Everything coming in is pre sold and even when the dealers add on an extra bike or 2 to the next shipment for floor stock, it ends up being sold also before the shipment arrives.
My 2021 model is due to arrive early next month and their whole shipment is pre sold again also. Only way to get one is to put a deposit down. But if you have not been able to take one for a test ride and it's pretty much impossible to find a demo, it really sucks.
Have you left your number with them, so you are first to know if something turns up. Might also be worth contacting Kawasaki AUS to find out if any dealers near you have a demo available or one coming. I done this with Suzuki and they where very helpful, hope Kawasaki are the same.
Good luck (y)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sweaty, yes you are correct. Getting a bike this year will be a real struggle. They have my number but the salesman was not to keen anymore when i said i would not need finance on the bike. Anyway i doubt that i would buy the bike without a test ride. Maybe time to look at something else

·
Registered
2012 Ninja Z1000SX (Green)
31 Posts
Sweaty, yes you are correct. Getting a bike this year will be a real struggle. They have my number but the salesman was not to keen anymore when i said i would not need finance on the bike. Anyway i doubt that i would buy the bike without a test ride. Maybe time to look at something else
There's 3 at Bikebiz Parramatta. 1 green, 2 black.

Mine's on the market and when it sells I can step up to the 2020.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the info...i am in Adelaide. Don't think they will give one up to my Dealer

·
Registered
101 Posts
There's 3 at Bikebiz Parramatta. 1 green, 2 black.

Mine's on the market and when it sells I can step up to the 2020.
Are they 2020 models Mabaho ? Good to hear if they are. They had a couple when I was looking 6 or so weeks ago, but they were run out 19 models.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Visited my local bikeshop (TeamMoto Canberra) which is a multi franchise dealer, no Ninja 1000 SX available so I can't even see one in the flesh and sit to check out for size, etc.
They were very low on new stock for some brands (Honda, Yamaha).
Just noticed that Penrith Motorcycles have just listed a Green 2020 model on BikeSales, with 430km for $17k otr

·
Registered
2012 Ninja Z1000SX (Green)
31 Posts
Visited my local bikeshop (TeamMoto Canberra) which is a multi franchise dealer, no Ninja 1000 SX available so I can't even see one in the flesh and sit to check out for size, etc.
Just noticed that Penrith Motorcycles have just listed a Green 2020 model on BikeSales, with 430km for $17k otr
Yes, that's their demo. I've ridden it, so nice. They don't let you ride it without them coming along as well, so it's in very good shape.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Same as Mabaho, that’s the bike I rode and his comments are spot on.
Only thing to consider & it might not worry you at all. The bike has not gone through any run in period at all & has had people pumping up & down through the quick shifter already. It has not been flogged too hard as you follow then on the test ride, but you do go on a small section of the freeway and I’m sure like me, everyone drops behind the guy leading to the on ramp, so you can give it a good squirt up & on to the freeway.
He offered it to me as well, but I didn’t want the green & that did put me off a little. Probably makes no difference, but just something to consider 👍

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'm bikeless too atm. Waiting for my 2021 to arrive & never had a Ninja before.
Have you done a great ride that incorporates the Oxley hwy, waterfall way & Gwydir hwy before ? Love that area for a 3-4 day getaway from Sydney.
Any update on the eta??

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got an update last weds saying, expected eta was 2 weeks time. So should arrive at the end of next week, if on time. I know they are really busy, so I would say it will be the week after at best, by the time they assemble & add on the extras.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got an update last weds saying, expected eta was 2 weeks time. So should arrive at the end of next week, if on time. I know they are really busy, so I would say it will be the week after at best, by the time they assemble & add on the extras.
Pics on pick-up pls :p - just to make me jealous :sick:

21 - 40 of 68 Posts