1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
It is a good bike stock and depending on your riding style a mod or two can make it great.
If you have questions you should ask.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I test rode one a couple of years back, only thing that stopped me buying one was the buzz...i have always liked the styling and built quality of this bike. I come from two ZX14"s, a 2007 and 2012

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a call from my local dealer yesterday, they got a bike in....he said that someone has first option on the bike but i could have a look at it. Well i really like the bike, he said we could sit on it and my wife said she felt comfortable at the back. I still want to have a ride before i buy though....it seems they wont get a demo in anytime soon

·
Registered
157 Posts
@Newone I came from a similar transition as you. although I had many others, at the time I had a 2006 ZX14 and 2012 ZX14r, when I purchased the 2020 N1K. Hard to find a smoother riding bike than the ZX14's. I have read from many that the N1K will smooth out with a few miles. Also that the 2020 with all the rubber mounts has less buzz. Now that I have 2K miles on my 2020 it does seems to be smoothing out a bit, or maybe I'm just getting used to it! Also, maybe because I was sensitive to it at the beginning of riding the N1K, I noticed I had a buzz in the ZX14's I had not really noticed before at higher rpms.

I have no regrets purchasing the 2020. I sold the 2006 ZX14 and kept the 2012 ZX14r as a 2nd bike (2 is 1, and 1 is none) and to answer my need for speed. The N1K is a bit anemic on the high end, but has plenty for my needs in the mid range. I wanted a sports tourer with hard bags, and electronic cruise control that wasn't any bigger or heavier than my ZX14. The N1K answers those needs. The only issue I have with it is the rear seat. My wide rides 2-up a lot and has complained the rear seat is much harder than the ZX14's. That would be different in your case if you do any 2-up as the 2020 models sold in the US seems to have a different seat set than the 2020 sold in other countries such as yours. If you are doing 2-up riding, the only other concern you may consider is the size and space available on the N1K. I'm 5'7" and 150 geared, the wife is 5'4" and 140 geared and the N1K is a comfy snug fit for us. For riders that are bigger, it may be a bit of a tight fit, especially in the foot peg area for riding with the balls/toes on the pegs.

All in all, I like the 2020 and will be keeping it.

Reactions: Sweaty

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the information, it's a great help :)
The dealer has a 2019 and the 2020 parked next to each other and i could clearly see the difference in the pillion seat. She sat on the 2019 and although the seat position felt good she commented that the seat was a bit hard...with the 2020 yesterday she said it felt better. Obviously sitting is not riding but at least she was "comfortable". The dealer says due to the shortage of stock they will most likely not get their requested demo bike

·
Registered
157 Posts
I attended one of those Kawasaki Let the Good Time Roll Demo tours back in December. The 2020 wasn't included because of availability, but I did ride the 2019 3 times (along with every other bike they had, just because!). I figured the 2020 was the same frame, engine etc, so if the 2019 made me happy the 2020 should make me happier. It did, I bought the first one they received. But getting a demo ride is always a good idea. Although I have to admit, I have violated that suggestion more than once (once was with the 2006 ZX14) and fortunately never been stung.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is why these forums are so valuable....lots of useful information. I will give it a few weeks to see if they get the demo...if they don't then i might just order one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Newone, I just joined from Sydney (see my intro, rather than repeating) Are you based in Sydney ? as Penrith Kawasaki was the only place i could find to test ride, before i made the plunge on a 2021.
No stock or Demo's any where, and i have not seen the colour i bought in real life yet.
Was really impressed with the short test ride on the 2020 model though & hope you find one soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Sweaty, I am based in Adelaide. The Dealer said in September they should have good stock levels in AU.
I don't mind waiting cause we very busy renovating a new home we just purchased :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Sweaty, I am based in Adelaide. The Dealer said in September they should have good stock levels in AU.
I don't mind waiting cause we very busy renovating a new home we just purchased :)
Good stuff 👍 Hope the main reason for the new house purchase was all based around a nice garage for the New Bike 😉😄

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If only...my wife loves renovating so as soon as we completed the last one we sold and got this one that has lots of work required. Fortunately she says it's the last one....as it is at the moment there is no proper parking for the bike :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome,

·
Registered
17 Posts
That will give you more time to make sure you build a nice garage on the new Reno :giggle: Just make sure the wife believes, that it is all for resale purposes of course ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts