Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Ninja 1000 riders.
I just found this forum and thought it was perfect for me to join.
I have a 2011 Ninja 1000 and just love my bike. My previous bike was a Yamaha FZ1.

I have only done a few mods to suit me such as:
-Adding handlebars and risers for a more upright position
-Modified my stock seat with a gel pad
-Also bought the Sargent seat
-Switched to the 195/55 rear tire
-National Cycle touring windshield

As you can see I like to do some touring also.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Welcome to the newest and brightest N1K forum known to earthlings.

Would like to hear why you made the switch from Yamaha.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Was wondering when you made the switch in rear tire size if you noticed much difference and if you would recommend it. TIA

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the newest and brightest N1K forum known to earthlings.

Would like to hear why you made the switch from Yamaha.
I switched because my 2001 FZ1 was old and I dropped it. I actually liked that bike a lot and had a full faring option on it.

The Ninja offered a more modern platform with fuel injection (and full fairing) plus the newer FZ1's lost the low end torque the older models had.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum! Was wondering when you made the switch in rear tire size if you noticed much difference and if you would recommend it. TIA
I switched to the 195/55/17 from the stock 190/50/17 after the stock tire wore out about 4000 miles ago. I did so on the recommendation of many riders on another forum. The difference is subtle but noticeable such that the handling is perfectly balanced for me now. It turns real easy now so it feels real smooth and light to ride the curves.

On another topic I am using the Michelin Pilot Road 3's and they are great for my style of riding. They have 4000 miles and still feel fresh and look almost new. I rode the Dragon and all the great roads down there and felt totally confident with them (and kept up with all the sport bike riders I was with). The best of both, long life and great sport riding for real roads. Probably not good for track though (but I don't ride there).

They are also fabulous in the rain. Just rode from Nashville to Louisville last week and got caught in a torrential rain yet felt confident and felt great grip for the elements. Many prefer the Pilot Power over the Pilot Road but tires are expensive and I like the longer life and I cannot push beyond the limitations of the Pilot Road anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I also am running 190/55 on the rear; had a blow out at 800 miles so I put a set of PR2's on. Noticeable change.

Reactions: ydo
1 - 7 of 7 Posts