Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
I spent about 8 months at Ft. Collin back in 65-66 and would visit the Springs on Friday night and when I got a weekend pass I would drive out into the sticks far beyond the reach of the tourist traps. They have some really cool old abandon towns out in the dirt without the annoying tourist, of course that is what I was!! Unfortunately at the time I didn't have a bike. A little 250cc dirt bike would have been really special to me back then, but no way on a private's pay! No doubt @Matt-CO, you do have some great riding around your areas both dirt and pavement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Its not about sound - I have a slip on that is same volume as stock bike but it saved heaps of weight - looks much better. the other thing nearly everyone does it get a touring screen of some kind. other than that I haven't changed anything (Well buying sliders right now as I am laid up until March and have the fairings off cleaning everything so thought why not)
You're probably taking me too literally. I'm not planning on any major mods. Spools will definitely be added as soon as I have time to go pick them up. A new Puig screen will also probably be added.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I spent about 8 months at Ft. Collin back in 65-66 and would visit the Springs on Friday night and when I got a weekend pass I would drive out into the sticks far beyond the reach of the tourist traps. They have some really cool old abandon towns out in the dirt without the annoying tourist, of course that is what I was!! Unfortunately at the time I didn't have a bike. A little 250cc dirt bike would have been really special to me back then, but no way on a private's pay! No doubt @Matt-CO, you do have some great riding around your areas both dirt and pavement.
Careful, you are revealing your age by these comments. I'm no pup, and I was in preschool back then. I heard Academy Blvd was a dirt road around that time.

·
Premium Member
14,059 Posts
I was shocked at how many motorcycle shops there were in the Ft Collins area. There was one shop that had a collection of old Kawasaki dirt bikes. Back when some of the KX bikes were limited edition.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Careful, you are revealing your age by these comments. I'm no pup, and I was in preschool back then. I heard Academy Blvd was a dirt road around that time.
Well, see, this is only one issue with age! Our memory fades and we don't always think to straight to fast. I was never in Ft. Collins, it was Ft. Carson!! Sorry for my blunder of names. I have some fond and not so fond memories spending time there and you would think I wouldn't get them confused, but I did. I don't remember any of the road or street names. There was a main drag in Colorado Springs the local kids referred to as 'Dragging the Gut'. I remember that because that is where I meet a cut little gal that I dated for a while. But I have no idea what it's real name is. Most of what I remember of downtown is being drunk!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts