Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I joined the forum on 5/8/15 after buying my '14 blue last fall and lurking here all winter. I didn't post a lot, but checked the forum daily and enjoyed reading the content. So far this year I've been able to put a few miles on and although I love the bike, I unfortunately have to sell it. I'm in my 40's and have a bit of a bad back, and even with the Murphs risers and Motowerk lowering blocks, I still lean a bit too far forward which aggravates my back. So, with exactly 1001 miles, I'm headed to a dealer in CO next Wednesday to trade it off on a new Suzuki V Strom 1000. I pulled all of my aftermarket parts off and will be offering them in the classifieds in a week or so. I've enjoyed the forum and will probably continue to lurk here and post if I can be of help. Ride safe!

Matt

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sorry to hear that.. I sold my gsxr for about the same reason... it was just to uncomfortable for riding anymore that an hour or two. Have you considered something my touring oriented like a concours or an fj, even the big vfr 1200 all sit more vertical and provide performance. Judging by the number of bags you put on the bike it seams like long range sport touring is your game...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm definitely a big fan of the whole sport/adventure touring thing and that's what I tried to make my N1K into...but the seating position just didn't work for me. So after a lot of research, it came down to the new '15 Kawasaki Versys and the '14 or '15 Vstrom 1K. Both bikes have their pluses and minuses, but I chose the VStrom since there were better deals to be had, it's sit-up geometry, decent horsepower, decent suspension, and its ability for dirt road/light off road riding. I'll miss the monster horsepower/torque of the N1K, but the Strom will be a better bike for me and my style of riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts