Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The dealer I purchased mine from is the largest powersport dealer in North Carolina. East of the mountains, are for the mostpart, are year round riding. I agree with kenors - the dealerships in snow country are going to keep motorcyle inventories pretty low until spring.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Makes sense, just a bummer though because I had hoped to maybe get it in November and get a few rides in before the end of the season. Plus I want to get all my add on parts installed right away. Having Akrapovic exhaust, heated grips, frame sliders, USB charger, and fender eliminator installed.

·
Premium Member
12,835 Posts
In the old days, when I worked at the shops, it wasnt unusual for them to get behind in payments. To the bank, or to Kawasaki/Honda or Yamaha.. Often times, I was handing the UPS dude 2500.00, in cash, to cover the COD parts order that he was delivering. Obviously, of things are like this, You wont be ordering new bikes from them. Cut-off..., very common in the winter.

If you walked in and ordered parts, under those circumstances, the drill was this. You order a brake rotor for 100.00. I ask you for 1/2 that before I order. That works because my dealer cost , for the rotor is 50.00. So, I use your money to pay ups, and the rest is profit.

You cant exactly do that on bikes since the banks are involved.
If the bikes are in the warehouse, they can order them and have ONE shipped in within a week. For whatever reason, your dealer doesnt want to order one in, or they cant pay for it.. They wont order one so you can look at it, but if you are really buying one, they appear to be available based on what's on cycle trader.

Speaking of Cycle Trader, dont be afraid to order one from there. The bike ships in a crate, fully assembled. Very little, small set up required. The warranty is still ok, and any dealer can handle the finance part. Dont put up with them treating you like this if you are ready to buy.

I would go back and tell them to either order it, or you are buying from Cycle Trader. If you do that, you'll get your bike....assuming the dealers really can order 2021's a d this dealer wants a sale.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's good to know. I want buy the machine through the dealership and really don't want to buy one off cycle trader. I like having personal relationships with people I do business with whenever possible, and I've bought gear and accessories from this place before and they've been good. If I have to wait, that's fine, they told me at the outset that it'd be a while before the machine would come in, so they didn't tell me one thing and then when I ordered the bike change their story. I already put down a $2,000 deposit for all the accessories I'm getting on the bike. I'm just anxious to get it in, it's 20 degrees here in WI with snow on the ground so I'm probably done riding for the year anyways.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I ordered the hard bags when I purchased the bike. They have not shown up yet. Hope it is soon. I also like working with local people when I can. I own a small business and have to compete with the big boys all the time. If it cost me a bit more to stay local, I am perfectly OK with that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up a new 2021 Ninja 1000sx last Saturday. So far the bike is great. At 6'3" the wind at freeway speed is ruff. This was expected. I have had very good results by adding a Laminar Lip to a couple of other bikes I have owned. But like other manufacturers they do not have a model available for the 20/21 1000. Andy at laminar lip did offer his assistance but he could not find a bike to measure the stock screen. Liminar Lip is located in Orange Co., California. I was hoping someone local with a new model might give him a call and offer some help.

The web sight is laminarlip.com and their phone number is 714-540-8006.
6'2" and a '20 1000sx so I'm in the same boat. Without my helmet I eat bugs and with it my head bounces around. Lookin for a bit more protection from the wind appreciate the insight

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
6'2" and a '20 1000sx so I'm in the same boat. Without my helmet I eat bugs and with it my head bounces around. Lookin for a bit more protection from the wind appreciate the insight
I did get a Laminar Lip. It does keep most of the bugs off and no head bounces. However, wind noise is always present. I modify this a little with ear plugs and or xm radio which work well on secodary roads but only limited at higher speeds.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts