Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new 2021 Ninja 1000sx last Saturday. So far the bike is great. At 6'3" the wind at freeway speed is ruff. This was expected. I have had very good results by adding a Laminar Lip to a couple of other bikes I have owned. But like other manufacturers they do not have a model available for the 20/21 1000. Andy at laminar lip did offer his assistance but he could not find a bike to measure the stock screen. Liminar Lip is located in Orange Co., California. I was hoping someone local with a new model might give him a call and offer some help.

The web sight is laminarlip.com and their phone number is 714-540-8006.

Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
Hi IBA, a nice choice of bike to enjoy the holidays and the forthcoming festive season (y) :)

Registered
Have you considered the Kawasaki accessory screen that is a couple of inches taller?

Registered
Since May I have purchased 3 OEM items for my 2020. At the time all were listed out of stock on their website, my dealer got them all within a couple days.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since May I have purchased 3 OEM items for my 2020. At the time all were listed out of stock on their website, my dealer got them all within a couple days.
George, Thanks. I am still waiting for the bags. The heated grips came in within a day or two. I did not order the screen because I thought the added height would not be enough. If I can't find another alternative I will give it a shots.

Thanks again

Registered
George, Thanks. I am still waiting for the bags. The heated grips came in within a day or two. I did not order the screen because I thought the added height would not be enough. If I can't find another alternative I will give it a shots.

Thanks again
Here is pic of stock and optional screen - I installed the larger one but just replaced it with a PUIG dark shield. There was a slight difference between the two but I'm not as tall as your are either.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JN, Thanks for the pics. I have checked the PUIG site and they do not show any screen available for the 20/21 1000sx. Where did you get yours? Or does a 17-19 fit without modifications?

Thanks.

Registered
JN, Thanks for the pics. I have checked the PUIG site and they do not show any screen available for the 20/21 1000sx. Where did you get yours? Or does a 17-19 fit without modifications?

Thanks.
The 2019 fits the 2020/21. Ordered thru Revzilla. When ordering change year to 2019.

Premium Member
In, so you didnt like the optional, large Kawasaki shield? Or, you like the Puig more? I bought my Puig screen back in 2013 and really haven't found a better one, overall.

When it's cold, the V stream touring is nice, but the Puig is quiet. With screens, I think not havi g sharp edges helps with this..? I thought about ordering the optional Kawasaki shield, but if you switched to a Puig, it's probably not worth it.

The tiny, stock shield looks like the Hotbodies Venom. I like the Venom for the hot summer days, but its worthless as far as wind protection goes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rcannon - I have to travel quite some distances at time. It is not uncommon to spend a full day or more on the Interstate. Cutting down the wind noise is helpful. Knowing that a 2019 screen will the fit the bike will allow me to test different makes. Hope I can find one that will work when I need it. I will probably start with a V streem tall touring and see if that will work for those long rides. The Puig looks good from the pictures and if it is quiet I will give it a go for the majority of rides. The stock screen will sit on the shelf.

Premium Member
I have both windshields you mention, Vstream Tour and Puig. Changing windshields is so easy that the one on the bike suits the ride. Mostly Vstream for distance and winter (Pacific NorthWet) and the Puig for the summer, even for long trips because I find the quiet air behind the Vstream in the heat makes me too hot. Lowering the Vstream points the air blast right at my face so moving the screen up and down isn't nearly as effective as I'd hoped.

Premium Member
I could cut and paste Kenors post...although my spell check still changes his name to "Lenora",....but I have the same combination and rotate them based on seasons.

The only other "must have" shield is the Hotbodies Venom. If you watch the Hotbodies web site, they will sell these for 60.00 when they are on sale. Like, right now.....59.99

Not needed if you have a 2020 ninja, but it's the perfect summer shield. Not much protection, but it's very quiet.

They show other shields in their description, but I've never even seen a picture of the other shield they sell.

My mra double bubble shield is a complete pos. Its noisy and doesnt protect worth anything....a double threat, I guess?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I could cut and paste Kenors post...although my spell check still changes his name to "Lenora",....but I have the same combination and rotate them based on seasons.

The only other "must have" shield is the Hotbodies Venom. If you watch the Hotbodies web site, they will sell these for 60.00 when they are on sale. Like, right now.....59.99

Not needed if you have a 2020 ninja, but it's the perfect summer shield. Not much protection, but it's very quiet.

They show other shields in their description, but I've never even seen a picture of the other shield they sell.

My mra double bubble shield is a complete pos. Its noisy and doesnt protect worth anything....a double threat, I guess?

RCannon - Thanks. We will try out one at a time. I hope they work.

Registered
Hey, I ordered a 2021 1000SX this fall and the dealership said they wouldn't be getting it in until next Feb/March. I'm in Wisconsin USA so I was surprised to hear others already have their hands on a 2021 model. The dealership said that's when these models would be getting shipped to them. Anyone know why there'd be such a delay to my area?

Premium Member
Since I'm from Michigan I'll take a guess. The dealerships there pretty much shut down when there's 3 feet of snow on the ground and don't want stock sitting around until June?? 鉂勨槂

Reactions: Crawsack
1 - 20 of 27 Posts