Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a leftover 2019 Ninja 1000 today at my local dealer. I had been looking for a 2020 1000SX but I realized that they were sold out everywhere. I got the 2019 for a sweet deal so I went for it. I'm 50 and I have been looking for a comfortable bike to go fast on for a while. This is the 5th bike in my stable but my 1st brand new bike since 1992.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What part of Colorado are you in? I spent 3 years in Denver and definitely miss it, just don't miss the cost of real estate!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome. Lived in Loveland for 3 years. Loved riding in the Colorado mountains. I have an '18 Ninja. Only one bike in my stable but it does a pretty reasonable job from twisties to touring.

Reactions: Goobzilla

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live up in Wellington. Got the bike at MotoAdventure Kawasaki in Loveland. No big plans for the bike except to ride and enjoy...oh and get rid of that monstrous rear fender.

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
Welcome aboard
Think most here agree that the rear fenders now days look horrible. Every time I get caught in the rain though I wish I had it back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I'm excited to be back on something with a little pep. Yoshi rear fender eliminator and Murph's Bar Risers are on the menu. I dont wind up riding in the rain very often, but it was sprinkling on the way home from the dealership. I wonder if that was an omen?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thanks! I'm excited to be back on something with a little pep. Yoshi rear fender eliminator and Murph's Bar Risers are on the menu. I dont wind up riding in the rain very often, but it was sprinkling on the way home from the dealership. I wonder if that was an omen?
If you ride mountains at all you have to be ready for a bit of rain. Usually just around the next corner or over the next pass there's usually sunshine waiting. I don't remember how many 10-15 minute rainstorms I've ridden through in the mountains but it's a lot. Even a few snowstorms at the top of those high mountain passes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts