I have a 2014 and Kawi did a revision in 2014. The only difference between 2014 and 2015 is color options. The revision fixed a lot of the buzziness complaints from previous years, plus made some great features standard issue.Hi everybody:
So the 2015 ninja1000 is on the shortlist of bikes Im looking to buy and I actually got the unique opportunity to ride my buddies 2013 Ninja for a week or two to find out if its the bike for me. Now my concerns I noticed:
1: Handlebar vibration between speeds of 20-45 mph
2. 60 mph and above the seat vibrates like crazy...not much of an issue for shorter rides but Im planning to do some serious touring and I can see how my behind will get numb rather quickly.
3. The windshield doesnt appear to do very much, In fact the one thats on there appears to be directing the wind more so towards my head.
So I was wondering if you could give me some input particularly people that have 14/15 Ninjas, is this normal or not, has it changed from the 13 models and if it is normal, what have you done about it....
Thanks so much in advance for your input
1. I have not ridden a 2011-13 so I cant tell you how they compare, but will say that I don't notice any handlebar vibrations at any speed.
2. The 2014 seat sucks, but once again, I really don't or haven't noticed much seat vibration when the bike was stock. I did pick up a little when i put on the Urban Brawler slip ons. Hoping that goes away when I get the db killers in.
3. I didn't ride much with the stock screen. I now have a puig, but it didn't seem to change much in the way of air deflection. I tend to disagree with you on the wind protection, as i came from a bike that didn't give me much of any, so the N1K does a great job of keeping the wind off of me. My opinion is probably skewed.
Hope that helps. What bike would you be coming from or what do you typically ride?