Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody:
So the 2015 ninja1000 is on the shortlist of bikes Im looking to buy and I actually got the unique opportunity to ride my buddies 2013 Ninja for a week or two to find out if its the bike for me. Now my concerns I noticed:

1: Handlebar vibration between speeds of 20-45 mph

2. 60 mph and above the seat vibrates like crazy...not much of an issue for shorter rides but Im planning to do some serious touring and I can see how my behind will get numb rather quickly.

3. The windshield doesnt appear to do very much, In fact the one thats on there appears to be directing the wind more so towards my head.

So I was wondering if you could give me some input particularly people that have 14/15 Ninjas, is this normal or not, has it changed from the 13 models and if it is normal, what have you done about it....

Thanks so much in advance for your input

Z

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi everybody:
So the 2015 ninja1000 is on the shortlist of bikes Im looking to buy and I actually got the unique opportunity to ride my buddies 2013 Ninja for a week or two to find out if its the bike for me. Now my concerns I noticed:

1: Handlebar vibration between speeds of 20-45 mph

2. 60 mph and above the seat vibrates like crazy...not much of an issue for shorter rides but Im planning to do some serious touring and I can see how my behind will get numb rather quickly.

3. The windshield doesnt appear to do very much, In fact the one thats on there appears to be directing the wind more so towards my head.

So I was wondering if you could give me some input particularly people that have 14/15 Ninjas, is this normal or not, has it changed from the 13 models and if it is normal, what have you done about it....

Thanks so much in advance for your input

Z
I have a 2014 and Kawi did a revision in 2014. The only difference between 2014 and 2015 is color options. The revision fixed a lot of the buzziness complaints from previous years, plus made some great features standard issue.

1. I have not ridden a 2011-13 so I cant tell you how they compare, but will say that I don't notice any handlebar vibrations at any speed.

2. The 2014 seat sucks, but once again, I really don't or haven't noticed much seat vibration when the bike was stock. I did pick up a little when i put on the Urban Brawler slip ons. Hoping that goes away when I get the db killers in.

3. I didn't ride much with the stock screen. I now have a puig, but it didn't seem to change much in the way of air deflection. I tend to disagree with you on the wind protection, as i came from a bike that didn't give me much of any, so the N1K does a great job of keeping the wind off of me. My opinion is probably skewed.

Hope that helps. What bike would you be coming from or what do you typically ride?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! Im having a 2008 SV650N with no windscreen at all but the Ninja actually feels worse since I appear to sit almost totally straight with the screen appearing to direct the wind right towards my headm It appears to be an aftermarket screen so that might be the issue. The seat is actually a Sargent seat so I found it to be very surprising that it was vibrating so much...much more than my Vtwin...in fact there is none on my SV :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I believe the way to address your concerns is to take a test ride on a '15 & see for yourself if it has the issues which concern you. I've a '14 & other than wind noise, my bike doesn't exhibit any of your concerns from the '13.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I also came off a Vtwin, TL1000R. The twins can be a little "thumpy" but never any vibrations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats awesome....yes, I will indeed testride the 15 but its good to know that it is not supposed to be normal cause particularly the seat vibration would have been a dealbreaker most likely.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2015, and do notice significant seat vibration in the 7k rpm range. That being said, I rarely ever need to get the rpms that high for any reason, as this thing can accelerate quickly from low rpms in 6th gear.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 2014. I agree the stock seat sucks. The wind shield could be better but i like how looks like. Mine have some vibration from 7K-9K RPMs, not a crazy vibration but you can notice it. I think all of them has this issue.

Other than this is the best bike i ever own. I love it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have a '15 N1K. I came from a very smooth '05 ST1300 (with dual counterbalance shafts in its V4 engine). Still own that bike. Not planning to sell it, but I do enjoy the N1K more all the time. I noticed vibration in the pegs and seat on the N1K, especially above 100 mph. But it was never really that much. With mods, the vibration has lessened significantly -- raised handlebars, lowered pegs, changed to a vStream windshield (Tall for winter, Sport for warmer temps). I also put on Michelin PR4 tires (55 rear). Oh, and I switched to a Baldwin seat.

But what reduced any vibration in the bike more than anything else was the addition of the OEM KQR bags. It was very noticeable. Much smoother overall and at all RPMs and speeds. My theory is that the bags' lower mount acts as a dampener for the pegs and all the connecting sub-assemblies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts