Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
I know...I see that now. Totally missed it. Sorry

I think you will appreciate what the flash does if you put a few miles on the stock bike. It's almost more fun if you go through and pick it the faults before you fix them. I think you miss something if you start with excellent

I came from the sv650 as well. I would have liked to try it with a decent flash. Not for the extra power, but for the response.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I know...I see that now. Totally missed it. Sorry

I think you will appreciate what the flash does if you put a few miles on the stock bike. It's almost more fun if you go through and pick it the faults before you fix them. I think you miss something if you start with excellent

I came from the sv650 as well. I would have liked to try it with a decent flash. Not for the extra power, but for the response.
That's what im thinking as well. i will likely ride the stock for awhile before flashing ECU. Any slip-on exhausts you're a fan of?

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
I don't believe we have a favorite. Obviously the Akrapovic is nice. It wasn't that bad at 1000.00, but at 1500.00? That's a lot.

Theres never been a great way to convert from the twin exhaust to a single without replacing the header, too . Just cutting off the cat and adding the link pipe gives all the noise and very little of the power a good system offers, but it's cheap.

That's why I'm saying to hold off. Decide if you want to go all in on a good system, or to buy low dollar Chinese . No sense buying twice. Either choice is understandable, but I can't say which one is good

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
I know you are right, but that basic 4-1 system is 1500.00 now. I know that doesn't take away from the performance facts, though, but my god, really? That's a 40% increase from just a few years ago.

You are right. Look at the gains at low rpm . You need the Akra header to get that

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I know you are right, but that basic 4-1 system is 1500.00 now. I know that doesn't take away from the performance facts, though, but my god, really? That's a 40% increase from just a few years ago.

You are right. Look at the gains at low rpm . You need the Akra header to get that
Better than $2500 for the race replicas and the hypersports :LOL:
I can't say I loved the stock bike, but it is really nice with the full system. Imo worth every penny

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
Akra distributes their pipes through a US distributor. They only allow a very narrow price range so your local shop can charge the same as mail order.

The only way to get a discount it to get a package deal from Ivan.

It keeps their prices high and it lets people like Brock's charge way more than their systems are worth. The Brocks stuff isn't any nicer than Delk for 3x the money

61 - 67 of 67 Posts